To be responsible for the overall application design, and mapping between client business requirements to systems/technical requirements within the Abbott Nutrition International (ANI) ) Asia Pacific (Philippines, Malaysia, INDIA, Vietnam, Singapore, Indonesia, Japan, Thailand, ANZ, Myanmar) business area.
To provide direct support to the ANI Asia Pacific business area. This role will evaluate division initiatives based on leverage of the solution or technology, optimization of business process, ensuring competitive advantage, and overall efficiency. Works with Business Relationship Managers (BRM´s), Business Process Owners (BPO), Business Technology Services (BTS) application and Enterprise Architects to define future models and technology adoption to improve process performance.
May assist the Business Relationship Managers in the business strategy, planning, and portfolio management.
Leads teams consisting of other functional groups within the Abbott IT organization to establish technical strategies and the tactical plans to be positioned for the current and future needs of the business.
Participate in process flow analysis and process redesign.
Produce detailed functional design documents to match business requirements.
Ensures documentation of Regional/Local business applications and key decisions made regarding architecture for future reference
Works closely with BRM´s community and Division IT strategic office to ensure system and process integrity of the global, regional and local business applications
Evaluates application /solution and data architecture provided by Application Architects for applicability to Business context. May propose changes, additions and alternatives as need it to comply with specific business needs and aligns with corporate IT.
Works closely with BRM´s to set the future direction of critical business capabilities, outlining a roadmap that meets the strategic needs of the division and working with the relevant teams to assure their delivery and to collaborate in seamless partnership. Promotes understanding of technology trends and emerging technical opportunities within the business and BRM community to improve the business.
Provides strategic consultancy support to clients, Senior Application Technical Specialists and other technical architects in all aspects of enabling technologies to meet business needs. Provides expertise on application architecture design or improvement. Considers the performance impact of the architecture.
Collaborates with hardware, network and database architects to research modern technologies and make recommendations to management on these modern technologies at Abbott.
Communicates and educates the technical and business communities on current architectures and technologies and industry trends.
Responsible for Applications Standardization, platform economies and asset leverage across regions or business units.
Assists with technical/functional knowledge of the solutions/platforms to accelerates vendor collaboration/transition activities
Performs technical oversight of implementation projects to ensure alignment with architecture and technology standards. Collaborates with the hardware, network and database architects in application design and implementation.
Reviews Application and Enterprise architects' main compliance evaluation outcomes/findings and works with the business and BRM´s to find out solutions and alternatives, considering overall impact to business processes and initiatives.
Works closely with product vendors ensuring strategic and architectural fit, and ability of product to scale to meet Abbott requirements.
Provides leadership as required in technical team projects. Assists IT management with technical training, guiding and evaluating less experienced IT and technical staff. May be involved in technical interviews
This position requires strong leadership and influencing skills to both drive and respond to continuous change in a highly agile and fast-paced environment.
Works in consultative role towards predefined goals. May work on large, multisystem projects but more often works across multiple projects. Often works on projects with emerging technologies. Projects may be global in scope.
Works on projects and support that could impact up to 60,000 Abbott employees and multimillion dollar projects.
To comply with the company's policies and procedures to meet statutory, quality and business requirements within the overall strategy, objectives and service standards of the Abbott Nutrition International Asia Pacific business.
Setting and delivering technology-based solutions for ANI and ensuring that expenditure is maintained at the agreed level and projects are delivered to agreed timelines.
- In depth knowledge of IT network and CRM solutions such as Salesforce
- Must be able to use that background as the basis for making assessments of the future requirements of ANI Asia Pacific and the advantageous impacts that decisions can deliver to our customers
- Understanding of the commercial value chain
- Understanding of customer service / patient care center issues, partner technologies (e.g. Avaya, Microsoft, Vodafone) and their architectures
- Ability to learn technologies quickly
- Ability to understand business requirements and convert them into solution designs
- Knowledge of web-based systems architecture, service-based architecture, enterprise application architecture as well as experience managing expectations when balancing alternatives against business and financial constraints
- Must demonstrate good judgement and pragmatic approach to delivering a solution that optimizes architecture activities across company needs, business constraints and technological realities
- Should have participated in, and be familiar with, SDLC and Agile (Scrum) project methodologies
- History of achievement in project management, achieving timeline and resource targets
- Strong customer facing skills, with the ability to translate complicated technical needs for various non-technical audiences
- Excellent ability to influence internal and external stakeholders and build consensus, understanding the different priorities in various teams / departments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are critical
- Strong trouble shooting and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to multitask in the role with little supervision and many demands from many constituents
- Positive attitude and a desire to drive modern technologies and solutions
- Travel as required to customer and other ANI Asia Pacific sites as the business needs dictate – Travel 25%
Bachelor's Degree/13 + years relevant experience including 3+ years as Application Architect. Master's Degree preferred.
- Business analysis within an IT environment
- Develop relationships and trust with key stakeholders
- Effectively communicate at all levels of business and with development team
- Analyse complex business issues in an organisation that is globalizing its business processes
- Formal training and experience in recognized business analysis techniques
- Knowledge of Abbott operations
- Degree in an IT or business discipline
- Leadership / Coaching skills for Seniors
- 5-8 years of experience
- ANI Head of IT - Asia Pacific
- ANIT Lead Team
- ANIT Business Analyst community
- Abbott Business (including Level 3/4 Managers)
- BTS Build & Run Teams
- DTS Teams – Digital & CRM
- Application and Infrastructure Teams
- Enterprise Programme Office
- Project Steering Committees & other project teams
- Work with external vendors as required including IBM, Cognizant, CT and local agencies
JOB FAMILY:IT Business Relationship Management
DIVISION:AN Abbott Nutrition
LOCATION:Singapore > Singapore : DUO Tower
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:Not Applicable
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Not Applicable