Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
International Logistics Coordinator – USA Exports
Our nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Our location in Columbus OH, currently has an opportunity for an International Logistics Coordinator – USA Exports.
This Position is responsible for supporting all export activities required by the business, including all tactical order steps from start to finish. This position requires strong attention to detail, high sense of urgency, expedient and accurate data entry capabilities, ability to quickly learn and adapt to working in multiple system interfaces and effective communication and organizational skills.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Responsible for export documentation and data entry for all shipments, and timely document submission in accordance with department guidelines.
· Ensure timely order processing of export shipments and Perform all aspects of order process
· Works with exports team and carriers to comply with all U.S. export requirements and regulations
· Works with affiliate and direct export customers so that all documentation is in accordance with countries import customs and regulations
· Support Exports customs clearance and documentation
Specific Functional responsibilities
· Order processing of export shipments; order creation, order execution, invoicing, post shipment, etc.
· Assure invoicing and billing is accurate
· Responsible for AES filing
· Process commercial invoice documents by validating data integrity and accuracy
· Pouch shipments on parcel mailing system
· Collaborate with ocean carriers to ensure accurate Bill of Ladings are issued and released timely
· Maintain export files in an organized and catalogued system
· Prepare and audit export documentation for vessel shipments and settlements
· Continuous training/education and ongoing review of company procedures and/or industry requirements
· Attend department operational meetings to align on priorities, escalations and improvement initiatives
· Attend operational meetings with customer service team to align on customers’ orders, volumes, pending requirements to fulfill customer requests
· Ensure prompt, accurate and efficient handling of communications concerning shipments and any other relevant aspect of the business
· Problem solving of exceptions
· Independently resolves customer issues with other departments such as planning, shipping, purchasing, marketing, sales, IT and contracting/pricing
· Elevate issues requiring correction/mitigation timely
· Maintain customer requirements including system parameters, policies, and procedures
· Coordinate and maintain document controlled systems
· Initiate Change Request for documents or data changes
· Interface with related functional areas (transportation scheduling, customer service operations, planning, etc.) on export shipment matters
· Leads projects cross-functionally when required
· Process with direction credit requests, debt memos, exceptions to policy, product allocation and other areas that may impact the balance between customer satisfaction and cost efficacy
· Takes initiative to develop, resolve and implement process improvements that enhance the organizations capability to deliver timely and effective customer service in area of expertise
· Demonstrates the ability to work in a team environment Create/Updates department procedures as required Create/Modifies customer accounts May perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU’LL BRING
· Bachelors degree preferred. Business, logistics/transportation, or related field experience preferred. Must have a Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent to ensure basic skills and knowledge of the job requirements and provide the minimal skills needed.
· Sound analytical abilities and acute attention to detail required
· Effective communication (written and oral) skills are required to achieve flawless execution of processes. Strong ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels.
· High accuracy rate of data entry
· Experience with SAP, AS400 and Transportation Management Systems preferred
· Strong Microsoft Office knowledge base; proficient to advanced in Excel Spreadsheets.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly.
· Excellent organizational and follow-up skills are critical to ensure timely delivery of product and communication with the supply chain partners.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
ANSC Nutrition Supply Chain
United States > Columbus : 2900 Easton Square Place
Yes, 5 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf