Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Leads long-duration, complex, global projects and investigations. Research and propose new methods, technology, or process applications.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Lead long duration, complex global projects, and investigations and manage constraints effectively (or supports Third Party Manufacturer projects).
Product and Process Improvement:
- As an established opinion leader in area of expertise, identify new directions for product and process improvements. Researches and proposes new methods, technology or process applications for improvements.
- Independently design and conduct product and process improvements with novel and loosely defined criteria. Research and propose new methods, technology or process applications.
- Identify new directions for product and process improvements. SME on product and process development, improvement or transfer activities. Represents Abbott externally in respective area(s) of expertise. Without definition, generate and present new process or performance improvement ideas for consideration to management.
- Assists in development of opportunities that proactively identify system issues experienced by customers.
Design Control & Risk Management:
- Effectively balances compliance risk and business risk and utilizes expertise in Risk Management in evaluating design changes and product field issues.
Complaint and Internal Investigations:
- Leads investigations and global activities and may facilitate the resolution of multiple investigations.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in statistical, experimental design, investigation techniques and tools (e.g. Six sigma DMAIC), and in all product processes for audit support.
- As the Subject Matter Expert, participates in multiple teams to investigate system issues that span multiple functions and ADD Sites. Lead in the resolution of complex product and process problems. Helps to ensure CFTs maintain focus on root cause for Global Investigations and encourages excellent cross-Site communications.
- Obtains data and performs intensive analysis in support of investigations and resolutions. Keeps documentation up to date and reports to the Investigation CFT.
- Represents ADD at external conferences and advances the level of technical expertise within ADD. Makes connections and draws synergies across ADD Sites by facilitating good communication practices and participating as a SME for investigations, data mining and analysis. Liaison with centers of excellence, Commercial organization, customers and external opinion leaders.
Strategic and Results Orientation:
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility through actionable recommendations and accomplishments. Maintains product availability and improvements in product sustainability.
- Translates business needs of management and respective top-level goals into specific project level goals for individual team members and aligns activities with respective strategic business priorities. Resolve identified resource limitations and, if appropriate, drafts funding requests.
Receives limited direction and provides work directions for other technical personnel.
Experience identifying, understanding and solving complex/challenging technical problems and/or operational issues.
Identifies, understands and resolves multiple, complex/challenging technical problems and operational issues.
Applies diverse, state of the art knowledge in science (advanced technical aspects of the product relative to competitors and market place, unique selling points and competitive advantage) in design control activities.
Demonstrates diverse (thorough or in-depth) knowledge of process design, standardization, performance anchors and modes of control, anticipates impact of change on product or process performance through change control and risk management processes.
- Higher Certificate, Ordinary or Honors Bachelor's degree in scientific and technical field is desired or relevant combination of education and experience.
- 6 or more years related work experience. Advanced degree preferred. (Advanced degree(s) may offset required years of experience).
JOB FAMILY:Research and Discovery
LOCATION:United States > Santa Clara : 4551 Great America Parkway
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf