Abbott is a global healthcare company devoted to improving life through the development of products and technologies that span the breadth of healthcare. With a portfolio of leading, science-based offerings in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott serves people in more than 130 countries and employs approximately 100,000 people.
We are recruiting a full time HF Education Specialist.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Working within broad objectives, the selected candidate will support the development and implementation of various education and development programs (pertaining) to the functions and applications of clinical studies and/or MCS product range technologies.
These activities will include execution and coordination of educational programs. Promotes the process of continuous quality improvement. Exercises independent judgement in planning, organizing and performing work; monitors performance and reports status to manager.
· Supporting the development of customized educational curricula (including Preparatory tasks) related to the Abbott HF technologies. Those curricula will be developed to the benefits of employees and customers.
· Supports development and implementation of virtual and digital technologies within existing and new educational curricula.
· Maintains in-depth knowledge of Abbott products, therapies, markets and business objectives and if requested attend congresses and support Booth, Training Village and Innovation Suites activities.
· Provides instructional training for complex medical devices as well as associated processes that span the MCS range of Abbott Heart Failure products to an audience consisting of advanced clinical and or technical professionals.
· Delivers and directs training courses for in-house personnel and introductory courses for new hires.
· Organizes and executes the education phase of new product launches.
· Preparatory tasks for production of educational materials for customer and sales representative training and education.
· Evaluate continuously the available training material and update when necessary. Re-ensure that the material covers the educational needs and distribute this material within EMEA organization.
· Keep track that new comers in the company get correctly certified keeping a high-quality standard.
· Establishes training project deadlines and takes initiative to ensure that deadlines are met.
· Ensure clinical culture. Update training material with latest clinical trials. Work together with clinical department.
· Utilizes knowledge gained from education and/or experience, related to medical practice, device technology in order to support the development and implementation of training programs.
· Collaborates with Global HQs and other Abbott business units to support the OneAbbott approach where applicable.
· Maintains a comprehensive knowledge and practical expertise of products from relevant Abbott divisions, clinical studies, therapies, educational market and business objectives in order to support the development and implementation of continuing education programs for company representatives.
· Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
· Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
EDUCATION & COMPETENCIES:
· Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Life Sciences or equivalent.
· A minimum of 3-5 years field experience in the design/manufacture of MCS therapies and related teaching experience;
· A thorough understanding and expertise in the technical aspects and application of current and new Heart Failure products.
· Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
· Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
· Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor.
· Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
· Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
· Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
· Ability to travel approximately 50%
· The ideal candidate lives in Belgium, otherwise relocation in that Country is needed
· Fluent in English and preferably a second European language.
· Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
Visit Abbott at https://www.jobs.abbott/us/en/belgium or www.abbott.com and connect with us on Twitter at @AbbottNews.
Sales Support & Administration
EPHF Electrophysiology & Heart Failure
Belgium : Building Figueras Da Vinci Laan, 11 Box F1
Yes, 75 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES: