Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Group Leader, Building Services
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In Abbott’s Heart Failure division, we’re advancing the treatment of heart and vascular disease through breakthrough medical technologies in electrophysiology and heart failure, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
We are looking for a Group Leader, Building Services in our St. Paul location. This person watches the work activities of janitorial and pest control personnel in commercial and industrial establishments to Abbott Quality standards. Inspect work and investigate complaints regarding janitorial and pest control services and takes corrective action. Trains new Abbott employees and contract cleaning employees to departmental procedures.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Help’s supervisor coordinates and schedules activities of all workers engaged in janitorial services.
· Lead, organize and review the work of staff in the area of work assigned.
· Coordinates and manages janitorial and pest control staff to procedures and weekend coverage including special projects.
· Schedules and coordinates all special Clean Room cleaning outside of scheduled activities to comply with Quality Plans for all Clean Rooms.
· Inspects work performed to ensure conformance to specifications and established standards (internally and externally).
· Trains workers in janitorial methods and procedures and proper operation of equipment.
· Purchases, inventories and issues janitorial supplies and equipment to workers to ensure quality and timely delivery of services.
· Help’s supervisor with staff to resolve production and personnel problems.
· Coordinates and implements all waste removal and recycling activities. Recommends and implements container/compactor additions or deletions, recycling containers/location and service.
· Coordinates all pest control activities and ensures that all pest control log books are completed properly and the pest control technicians are trained to our procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
· High School Diploma or equivalent required.
· The ability to travel as needed to other St. Paul locations
· 2-3 years of relevant experience.
· Understand methods, materials, and equipment used in custodial work.
· Understand methods and techniques of inspection and documentation related to the continued cleanliness of buildings.
· Strong leadership skills, including the ability to set goals and provide positive and constructive feedback respectfully to build positive relationships and improve business results.
· Ability to work effectively within a team in a fast-paced changing environment.
· Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
Facilities & Maintenance
EPHF Electrophysiology & Heart Failure
United States > Minnesota > St. Paul > Tech Center : One St Jude Medical Drive
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf