Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Group Lead – 1st Shift
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In Abbott’s Heart Failure division, we’re advancing the treatment of heart and vascular disease through breakthrough medical technologies in electrophysiology and heart failure, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
We are seeking an experienced, high caliber Operations/Production Group Lead. This position ensures the effective use of material, equipment and personnel in producing quality production. Responsible for ensuring inventory accuracy, cycle counts, and meeting build schedules.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Assists in coordinating production activity in assigned work areas, ensuring that product is continuously processed in accordance with build schedules
· Coordinates communication of work instructions to personnel in designated areas in accordance with supervisory objectives
· Ensures that quality and production goals are met
· Performs regular process and quality performance audits of personnel, tooling and equipment in assigned areas
· Advises supervisor or other appropriate contacts in the event of equipment failure
· Accumulates information for assigned areas regarding work in process inventory status and daily output quantities
· Assists in providing direct training to area operators as required
· Provides assistance in expediting priority product and tasks in assigned areas
· Performs inspection and determines disposition of rejected components per required documentation, as directed
· May perform direct manufacturing operations in support of build schedules, as directed or as necessary
· Daily meeting with manufacturing operators for better communication and continuous improvement
· Ensures PM (preventive maintenance) and Calibration stickers are up to date
· 5S audit and weekly meeting with other area value stream group-leads in an organization
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
· Typically a minimum of four or more years of progressively more responsible assembly experience, including the ability to provide work/lead direction to a team
· HS Diploma or equivalent
· Desired demonstrated knowledge of LEAN manufacturing, assembly, and production technical skills, and quality practices
· Prior experience working in an air-conditioned clean-room manufacturing environment is also required
· The comprehensive ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in English is also required; this requirement includes clear, understandable speech, demonstrated comprehension skills, and demonstrated competence in English spelling, grammar and punctuation.
· Must be able to use discretion and handle sensitive/confidential information
· Demonstrated proficiency in operating a personal computer.
· Must be proficient in using various PC-based software packages including word processing/spreadsheet software
· Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment
· An Associate Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Technology, or other comparable specialized training in and working knowledge of the manufacture of implantable medical devices or their equivalent
· Prefer one - three years of experience as a group-lead in a manufacturing environment
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
· Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
· Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
EPHF Electrophysiology & Heart Failure
United States > Minnesota > Minnetonka : 14901 DeVeau Place
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf