Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
Diagnostic testing is a compass, providing information that helps in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of a range of health conditions. Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools give you accurate, timely information to better manage your health. We’re empowering smarter medical and economic decision making to help transform the way people manage their health at all stages of life. Every day, more than 10 million tests are run on Abbott’s diagnostics instruments, providing lab results for millions of people.
Our location in Lake Forest, IL currently has an opportunity for a Product Manager, Connected Solutions
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Digitalization is the next breakthrough in rapid diagnostics. The Global Product Manager, Connected Solutions will be responsible for the transition of most testing modalities towards a digital and connected mode. The candidate will report to and collaborate with the Global Product Marketing Director, Connected Solutions to drive, execute and measure digital connectivity solutions activities that create value across ARDx franchises (HIV, VBD, Hep/ANC and Respiratory). This position will collaborate and align with Regional Connected Solutions Managers in Africa, APAC, LATAM & MET.
The Global Product Manager, Connected Solutions will leverage in-depth customer insights, including direct experience, customer and sales feedback, ethnographic research, focus group panels, and competitive intelligence to commercialize customer-centric testing panels and effective screening programs designed to form a differentiated offering and increase customer loyalty.
The candidate will implement and deploy a differentiated customer value proposition as well as leveraging digital connectivity to drive value creation. A successful candidate will have a successful track record of:
· Driving adoption of digital connectivity solutions and deriving incremental value from their sales (revenue, share, and margins).
· Integrating and coordinating existing components (product, software, and service) into an original solution offering with a highly differentiated value proposition.
· Crafting and delivering compelling value propositions and stories based on deep insights on customers implicit and explicit needs.
· Leveraging health economics and clinical evidence to substantiate value proposition.
· Develop insight-driven digital connectivity strategies and product roadmaps.
· Define and drive future product roadmap to meet growth goals.
· Develop channels to establish customer-centric journeys from opportunity identification to user experience with intention to improve user experience.
· Serve as a go-to business partner for all questions from the Marketing and Sales regional stakeholders with respect to digital connected solutions and communication.
· Identification and introduction of new digital product capabilities to be offered.
· Articulate differentiated value propositions for targeted customer segments.
· Craft and develop marketing plans to drive digital connected solutions adoption.
· Maintain accurate and current competitive intelligence, pre-empt competitors and develop appropriate and timely responses.
· Develop/enhance product tools and training collateral related to ARDx digital connected solutions.
· Maintain effective internal alignment on growth goals, messaging and positioning with all relevant functions and internal stakeholders.
· Be the internal champion for customer needs and align with Connected Solutions Managers in regions including Africa, APAC, LATAM and MET.
Clinical & Economics
· Develop and leverage relationships with key opinion leaders and influencers among customers.
· Leverage health economics and evidence building for competitive differentiation and market creation.
· Define clinical studies key outcomes and focus to substantiate value proposition.
Core Competencies Required:
· Deep Marketing skills: strategy, branding and tactical execution.
· Market & customer-oriented: translating customer and sales input into actions.
· Analytical: synthesizing and utilizing data to derive actionable insights.
· Collaborative: able to work closely with a range of cross-functional partners.
· Organized and able to effectively prioritize.
· Self-starter with a hands-on & can-do mindset: willing to own up and get personally involved to resolve issues.
· Fast learner, intellectually curious and agile: able to quickly grasp and apply new scientific, clinical, or business concepts.
· Effective in regulated environment: maintaining compliance while achieving commercial goals.
· Travel as needed, about 30% of time.
Technical Skills Required:
· High proficiency Computer Skills and Microsoft Suite Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
· Effective presentation skills.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Understanding of medical/technical nature of the Company and products.
Language Skills Required: English & Spanish (Preferred)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS | EDUCATION:
· Bachelor’s degree or 4-year post high school diploma required.
· Advanced degree preferred (e.g. MBA, Healthcare Technology, & Technical Marketing/Management).
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE / TRAINING:
· 3-5 years of relevant digital connected marketing experiences (e.g. marketing, digital consulting, field marketing & technical sales).
· Successful track record in diagnostics, medical devices, IoT, or diagnostics fields.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority (Manufacturing roles only)
· Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled (Manufacturing roles only)
· Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: http://www.abbottbenefits.com/pages/candidate.aspx
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
ARDx Abbott Rapid Diagnostics
United States > Lake Forest : J49 Floor-1
Yes, 20 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf