Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
ABOUT ABBOTT DIAGNOSTICS:
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast, accurate diagnosis. Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and transform the way the world is managing health. Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare operations — with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics.
Our Lake Forest, IL location currently has an opportunity for a Global Product Manager, Systems and Software
This role supports the development and management of a successful, sustainable franchise, ensuring delivery of exceptional customer value and business targets. This individual acts as a subject matter expert on our products/solutions and manages the product area day-to-day in line with the global marketing plan and in collaboration with area teams. They proactively identify new opportunities to grow and differentiate the franchise and collaborates across the organization to effectively develop and launch new products and solutions on-time and on-budget.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Support the global product strategy, product development and lifecycle management of products in the Systems and Software portfolio.
· Collaborate on the execution of global marketing initiatives to grow our business including global product and portfolio strategy and roadmap; championing product development; formulating launch, sunset marketing and sales strategies; and providing on-market support.
· Serve as product/market expert related to product positioning, claims, competitive information, product performance, etc.
· Provide direction on user needs and product requirements based on insights generated from market research, customer input, internal stakeholder feedback, etc.
· Participate in strategic planning initiatives such as portfolio management process and long-range strategic planning.
· Develop commercial tools (literature, brochures, website, and all media), training materials, internal/external communications to support sales and customers, customers and address any line of business issues.
· Ensure launch and post-launch success by providing support to global commercial organizations and on-market teams.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
· Bachelor’s degree with 2-4+ years of related work experience with an understanding of specified functional area or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. MBA preferred.
· Product marketing/brand marketing experience in healthcare or medical products and prior experience working within the diagnostics field is strongly preferred.
· Experience in product management/development and launch, including go-to-market planning.
· Experience in developing compelling content for marketing materials.
· Experience with international markets to build networks and success through a deep understanding of cultural diversity and varying global market dynamics
· Strong presentation & communication skills, strategic planning, critical thinking, decision-making capabilities and analysis of market conditions.
· Demonstrated leadership skills with ability to influence others without authority.
· Demonstrated collaboration skills with ability to build alignment across variety of stakeholders.
· Demonstrated learning agility with ability to quickly master new topic areas.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-/ , on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews .
United States > Lake Forest : CP01 Floor-5
Yes, 25 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf