Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
A healthy heart is essential to good health. That's why we're committed to advancing treatments for people with cardiovascular disease. As a global leader in Cardiac Rhythm Technologies, our breakthrough medical technologies help restore people's health so they can get back to living their best lives, faster. We focus on innovative technologies that can improve the way doctors treat people with heart arrhythmias, or irregular heartbeats.
Our location in Austin, TX currently has an opportunity for Global Business Intelligence Analyst.
The Senior Global Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for performing the business analysis tasks of Global Sales Operations for CRM. Ensure the portfolio enhances organizational strategy and global sales operations management through successful, consistent, and predictable delivery of programs, projects and applications. This role will be reporting to the Director of Downstream Global Marketing, CRM. The Business Intelligence Analyst will be responsible for developing, implementing and automating Power BI reporting and analytical models in support of the commercial organization. The analyst will also support operations by monitoring and analyzing master data and master data relationships and assuring day to day functioning of the systems.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Translate real-world, abstract business questions into business models that identify patterns and trends and provide business insight.
· Analyze and synthesize raw data sets into meaningful insight using designated tools.
· Manage enterprise business intelligence tool (Power BI), from technical design, on-boarding, training, and education to implementation and maintenance.
· Align with leaders across the organization to build and maintain relevant data definitions, KPIs, and dashboards.
· Influence business decisions by creatively visualizing and reporting findings so that the data tells an impactful story.
· Ensures master data integrity in key systems as well as maintaining the processes to support the data quality.
· Ensures quality of master data in key systems, as well as, development and documentation of processes with other functional data owners to support ongoing maintenance and data integrity.
· In collaboration with subject matter experts and data stewards, defines and implements data strategy, policies, controls, and programs to ensure the enterprise data is accurate, complete and reliable.
· Manages, analyzes, and resolves data initiative issues and manages revisions needed to best meet internal and customer requirements while adhering to published data standards.
· Work closely with the business/IT to ensure alignment of master data rules and the operations of the application meet all requirements.
· Responsible for developing strategies, supporting tactics, and analytics to optimize analysis insight capabilities to create a consistent approach to business intelligence globally.
· Identifies current and emerging business needs and works with cross functional teams to evaluate alternative IT solutions using standard information systems methodologies and best practices
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams to provide data and reporting solutions to satisfy business needs.
· Assist in gathering requirements and working business stakeholders and IT to ensure accurate development of desired capabilities.
· Work with IT to prioritize the projects, setting expectations on timeframes when requests will be completed, and managing to an overall project schedule.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
· Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
· 3-6 of work experience in the area of Business Intelligence with experience in handling projects in SAP HANA, BW, Business Objects, Power BI, SQL Server with exposure to Requirements Analysis, Data Modelling, Report Writing, Adhoc Analysis using Excel, SQL tools, UAT Coordination.
· 3-6 years’ experience with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Strong business acumen with the ability to translate information into relevant and actionable insights.
· Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
· Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office using Excel, Access, PowerPoint and other enterprise software programs.
· Willing to travel 20%, including extended overnight and international (as the pandemic permits)
· Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
· Ability to deliver high quality work in a fast-paced environment, with minimal supervision
· Ability to mentor others.
· Intellectually rigorous, analytical, and curious.
· Dynamic, motivated, resourceful, and results-oriented creative thinker and problem solver.
· Ability to assess and recommend the best methods of collecting and organizing data
· Project Management or scrum management experience is a plus
· Comfortable working with a defined project and coordinating efforts with other teams
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
Market Development and Research
CRM Cardiac Rhythm Management
United States > Austin : 8701 Bee Caves Rd
Yes, 25 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf