Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott Rapid Diagnostics (formerly Alere ) is part of Abbott’s Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies. The position of GC-MS/LC-MSMS Data First Reviewer/Extractor is within our Toxicology Unit/Confirmations located in Richmond, VA at Alere Toxicology Services. In this role, you will be responsible for providing initial review of confirmatory results obtained by chromatographic methods in accordance with the SAMHSA mandatory guidelines, those of other regulatory organizations, and current SOPs.
· Initial review of confirmatory results produced by chromatographic methods – 90% of time spent on this task
· Must be 100% accurate with no administrative errors and must meet SAMHSA and College of American Pathologists – Forensic Drug Testing (CAP-FDT) criteria. Must comply with current SOP’s and regulatory guidelines. Must maintain contemporaneous and accurate documentation while maintaining chain of custody. Must maintain confidentiality of donor information always.
· Loading confirmatory samples for analysis onto LC/MS and GC/MS systems – 10% of time spent on this task
· Must be able to operate the equipment successfully, generate batch sequences without error, and perform routine maintenance as needed. Must maintain contemporaneous and accurate documentation while maintaining chain of custody.
· Disposal of extracts – as needed
· Must ensure confirmatory testing is complete for samples prior to disposing of associated extracts.
· Cross-departmental responsibilities including QA/QC, Extractions, and Instrumentation – As needed and available
· Assist these departments in completing their tasks as time permits.
· Adherence to all security and safety procedures and all established guidelines outlined in Alere’s Employee Handbook
· Must comply with current SOP’s, regulatory guidelines, and company policies.
· Domestic travel may be required when subpoenaed to testify in legal proceedings. Travel to other domestic Alere offices may also be required
· The individual may be required to work varying shifts or weekends to perform the Essential Functions
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS | EDUCATION:
· Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biological science, MT or equivalent related field
· Advanced ability to understand analytical techniques and procedures
· Advanced ability to understand laboratory instrumentation
· Advanced ability to understand certification requirements for SAMHSA, Cap-FUDT, and other relevant regulatory bodies
· Advanced ability to understand the function of a Laboratory Information System (LIS) and other laboratory computer systems
Advanced ability to communicate with clients and MRO’s on drug metabolism
· Ability to lift and/or move 25 pounds
· Ability to have full body movement
· Must have vision and hearing corrected to meet minimum acceptable norms
· Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
· Math and reasoning ability to develop and communicate laboratory procedures and reports
· Ability to cope with stress due to production obligations
· Ability to cope with stress induced during legal proceedings
· Ability to read and comprehend the SOP, Federal (49 CFR Part 40), and CAP-FDT guidelines
· Ability to transcribe data in a legible handwriting
· Ability to communicate with other employees and supervisors
· Ability to provide input and recommendations on operations
· Climate-controlled office and testing laboratory environment
· May be potential exposure to toxic or hazardous materials
An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request accommodation, please send an email to email@example.com or contact your HR Partner to let us know the nature of your request.
ARDx Abbott Rapid Diagnostics
United States > Richmond : 9201 Arboretum Parkway
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf