Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott serves the Irish market with a diverse range of healthcare products including diagnostics, medical devices and nutritionals products. In Ireland, Abbott employs over 4,000 people across nine sites. We have six manufacturing facilities located in Clonmel, Cootehill, Donegal, Longford and Sligo and a third-party manufacturing management operation in Sligo. Abbott has commercial, support operations and shared services in Dublin and Galway. We have been operating in Ireland since 1946.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Financial Analyst provides insight into business performance to the leadership team through reporting and analytics.
· Supporting the commercial organisation with detailed level of financial analysis to minimise risks and maximise opportunities.
· Engage in strategic analysis and other projects directly with senior business leaders.
· Additional recurring responsibilities include analysing key statistics, reporting financial information to senior leaders.
· Creating financial forecasts and budgets.
· Complete full detailed P&L monthly performance variance analysis.
· Complete weekly revenue variance analysis.
· This position provides broad exposure and high visibility across departments and functions.
EDUCATION & COMPETENCIES:
· Third Level Degree or equivalent.
· Accounting Qualification – ACA, ACCA, CIMA
· 2-3 years’ experience working in a financial analytical role is a distinct advantage.
· SAP/Oracle/Hyperion or other major ERP Systems experience is desirable
· Experience in Qlikview/Power BI or similar reporting tools desirable but not essential.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills, excellent attention to detail and good business judgement.
· Effective communicator (written & verbal) to various stakeholders, both internal and external.
· Able to understand and summarise financial data into high quality, accurate and usable summaries.
· Self-starter, ability to organise, schedule and prioritise, possess flexibility and ability to work under pressure and achieve tight deadlines in a fast changing environment.
· Ability to work with cross functional teams and drive projects across functions is essential.
· Ability to work with the commercial business units in different time zones.
· Excellent MS Excel skills.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com or https://www.ie.abbott/ , on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-/ , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews .
Financial Planning and Analysis
ARDx Abbott Rapid Diagnostics
Ireland > Galway : Parkmore Business Park
Ie - Shftpre0 (Ireland)
Yes, 15 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES: