Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Financial Analyst – Alameda, CA
At Abbott, we believe people with diabetes should have the freedom to enjoy active lives. That’s why we’re focused on helping people with diabetes manage their health more effectively and comfortably, with life-changing products that provide accurate data to drive better-informed decisions. We’re revolutionizing the way people monitor their glucose levels with our new sensing technology.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We are recruiting for a Financial Analyst to join our Global Commercial organization in our Alameda, CA location. In this role, you will be responsible of the Global Commercial budget, consolidation, analysis, and reporting of financial results (monthly, quarterly, annual). You will have an intimate understanding of the activity and variances being produced and be able to speak knowledgably when answering questions from leadership. You will also be responsible for preparing financial presentation content for executive meetings, participate in various projects or tasks, assist with monthly financial closing activities, as well as preparing financial models, ad hoc analysis, and presentations supporting the quarterly LBE (latest best estimate) forecasting cycles
· Consolidation and reporting of Global Commercial HQ and IT project financial results for monthly actual and quarterly budget cycles
· Month End Close Process and Analytics for the Global Commercial HQ function
· Budgeting and Analytics of Cost Center Management
· Consolidation & reconciliation of commercial area forecast financials (EMEA, APAC, US, CALA)
· Providing direct financial support for Business Partners
· Utilize financial planning system to accurately and efficiently forecast quarterly LBE and annual Plan information
· Price/Volume consolidation and analysis
· Capital Project and Expense management
· SRM Support
· Process Improvement
· Provide Ad Hoc support and solutions to meet business decision making, planning and reporting requirements
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
· Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related discipline
· 2+ years of experience performing financial and variance analysis, forecasting, planning, and financial modeling
· Previous experience working with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
· Experience working with financial systems applications
· Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor
· Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects
· Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
· Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner
· Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail
· Advanced level degree in Finance, Accounting, or related discipline
· Understanding of financial accounting systems, preferably SAP, Essbase, HFM and/or Dodeca
· Medical device experience
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
Financial Planning and Analysis
ADC Diabetes Care
United States > Alameda : 1360-1380 South Loop Road
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf