Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world - in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals - that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
At Abbott Molecular, we realize the potential of personalized care as the laboratory’s most trusted and preferred source for molecular diagnostic solutions. We are a division of Abbott Laboratories, a global, diversified healthcare innovator with a legacy of pioneering work in medical diagnostics.
The Field Service Engineer (FSE) will support Abbott Molecular sales growth by delivering a primary level of instrument field service needed to support customers, field sales, and the Technical Support Team. The FSE will consistently engage in field service activities related to Abbott Molecular instrument systems. The FSE should also be able to apply a basic level of engineering theory to understand root cause issues/problems and apply their solutions to those issues/problems. Service-related activities and findings must be well-documented into the Abbott Molecular call management database, which is part of the Abbott Molecular Quality System.
- Qualified candidates must current reside in, or near, Phoenix, AZ.
- Relocation assistance is not authorized for this position.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
- Provide system technical support for Abbott Molecular instrument systems that are located in a US or Canadian geographic territory.
- Provide on demand front line field service support to Abbott Molecular customers.
- Install and verify proper operation of instrument systems in a customer diagnostic laboratory setting.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance interventions that include calibration, hardware or software upgrades, and verify work completed.
- Become a technical subject matter expert on current and new instrument products.
- Troubleshoot instrument system problems through telephone support, log file reading, or on-site client visitations.
- Maintain a repair parts inventory and provide input on parts usage related to failures.
- Actively participating in area or worldwide conference calls, service summits, expert meetings and workshops.
- Providing back-up service support outside of assigned territory as needed.
- Provide technical support at Abbott trade shows, sales demonstrations, and customer sites.
- Maintaining and managing your own spare parts field service inventory kits according to defined procedures and service recommendations.
- Create and maintain service records and documents, using a call management system.
- Provide feedback and communication to enhance technical service documents and bulletins that will be used by other field service personnel.
- Provide communication updates to the service manager and other service staff colleagues.
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline: Engineering, Electronics, Life Sciences or Molecular Science.
- Preferred is 2 + years’ experience in field service and troubleshooting electromechanical software-controlled instrument systems.
- Have an ability to troubleshoot and repair electromechanical instrument systems. Excellent communication skills- including both verbal and written.
- Pay attention to details and strive for technical excellence in your work.
- Listen to the customer, understand each service situation and provide a response that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Can demonstrate proper etiquette and empathy for each customer interaction.
- Ability to work with other internal Abbott cross-functional groups including system application specialists and field sales representatives.
- Ability to document work performed and be well organized.
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot software-based PC programs
- Ability to use standard application software such as- Lotus Notes, MS Word, Excel, and Access.
- Ability to operate laboratory instrumentation including multi-meters, and data acquisition equipment.
- Comprehend, understand, and maintain quality compliance initiatives and procedures that are used within the organization.
- Understanding the fabrication of parts, electromechanical motion control, and mechanical alignment is essential.
- The individual in this position must be able to work well with others and demonstrate proper etiquette and communication skills in all situations. The individual needs to be adaptable to changing priorities and demands.
- Must be willing to travel 75%+ to support business demand inside and outside assigned territory.
- Must have a valid driver’s license in the state the candidate currently resides.
JOB FAMILY:Support Services
LOCATION:United States of America : Remote
TRAVEL:Yes, 75 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf