FEA STAFF R&D ENGINEER
Responsible for providing computational modeling for FEA to support engineering in the creation and the development of medical device products (invasive and non-invasive).
1. Researches, develops, designs, and evaluates mechanical and electro-mechanical materials, components, assemblies, processes and/or equipment..
2.Conducts feasibility studies to verify capability and functionality..
3.Develops new concepts from initial design to market release..
4. Directs support personnel and coordinates project activities..
5. Write and submit intellectual property (patents)..
6. Maintains detailed documentation throughout all phases of research and development..
7. Investigates and evaluates existing technologies..
8. Reviews or coordinates vendor activities to support development..
9. Write and submit professional articles for technical journals.
Expert in FEA preferred
Bachelor's degree plus 9+ years of related work experience with a complete understanding of specified functional area, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Advanced degree preferred. (Technical/Business Knowledge (Job Skills)) Comprehensive knowledge of a particular technological field. Uses in-depth knowledge of business unit functions and cross group dependencies/ relationships. Is recognized as an expert in work group and across functions. Will perform this job in a quality system environment. Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with governmental regulations.; 3. (Cognitive Skills) Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Has broad knowledge of various technical alternatives and their potential impact on the business.
JOB FAMILY:Product Development
LOCATION:United States > Santa Clara : Building B - SC Floor-2
TRAVEL:Yes, 10 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf