Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Applies working knowledge of import/export regulations and requirements to support business needs.
· Consolidate and analyze import/export data to identify risks or opportunities for savings.
· Prepare reports and make recommendations to management, as appropriate.
· Provide analytical support related to CBP Requests for Information, Post Entry Amendments and Prior Disclosures.
· Ensure timely and accurate response to Broker Requests for Information and follow-up to ensure resolution.
· Ensure proper classification, valuation and origin determination for the sites imported goods, including noncommercial goods.
· As directed by Supervisor/Manager, implement appropriate corrective actions in response to any findings in the Corporate C&TC compliance assessment.
· Interface with related functional areas (logistics, purchasing, materials management, etc.) on customs matters and coordinate training for personnel in these areas, as needed.
· Provide analytical support, as needed, for reporting price adjustments, royalties, etc. via the CBP Reconciliation Prototype Program.
· Conduct effective and timely transactional review/audit of all import/export records.
· Elevate issues requiring correction to Corporate C&TC Provide analytical support to general import/export related projects, as needed.
· Personally educate self on latest Customs, FDA, and other government agency import regulations.
· Operates with general direction and supervision from the Supervisor/Manager.
· Incumbent is accountable for compliant importation and exportation of goods and services, including proper classification and valuation.
· Failure to comply is a violation of law and could result in significant fines or penalties.
· This employee must have the ability to analyze opportunities and make recommendations on options and/or alternatives to achieve divisional financial objectives.
· The Analyst will be privy to highly confidential financial information and must work within the scope of attorney/ consultant and client privilege, where deemed appropriate.
· The proper balance between cost optimization and compliance must be maintained.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
· Bachelors degree: Business, Supply Chain or other related field preferred.
· Prior global logistics experience in the freight forwarding area is a plus
· Other: Licensed Customs Broker or Certified Customs Specialist nice to have.
· Minimum 1-2 years experience in import/export operations, transportation, international business, or other related field.
· Computer skills, knowledge of Excel.
· Sound analytical abilities and acute attention to detail required.
· Effective communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills are absolutely critical for this position.
· Ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously and manage time appropriately and independently.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: http://www.abbottbenefits.com/pages/candidate.aspx
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
ARDx Abbott Rapid Diagnostics
United States > Scarborough : 10 Southgate Rd
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf