Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
The Engineering COOP position will be located in our Abbott Site in Barceloneta and will have a duration of 6 months, from July to December 2020.
This opportunity in the Engineering department will provide hands on experience of knowledge acquired during engineering classes, focusing on:
- Support to line engineer in responsibilities associated to line output, safety, yield and quality
- Support in line related changes and generation of Change Orders (COs)
- Assignment of projects related to continuous improvement on the manufacturing line
- Generation of simple changes in LHRBMs
- Coordination of product builds
- Support qualification and validation activities
The following qualifications are required:
- Senior (3rd, 4th or 5th year) in Mechanical, Chemical and Industrial Engineering student
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge in utilization of software, such as: spreadsheet in Excel, Word, ER and PC literate
- Available to work overtime and weekends, if necessary
JOB FAMILY:Administrative Support
LOCATION:Puerto Rico > Barceloneta : PR-17
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf