Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
The BEx COOP position will be located in our Abbott Site in Barceloneta and will have a duration of 6 months, from July to December 2020.
This opportunity in the Operational Excellence department will provide hands on experience of knowledge acquired during engineering classes, focusing on:
- Supporting productivity, quality, process efficiency, space utilization, standardization and cycle time improvement efforts utilizing Lean, Six Sigma and DMAIC problem solving, among others.
- Identifying opportunities and supporting the incorporation of appropriate Lean tool usage such as 6S, time studies, line balancing, standard work and material flow into the daily functions of the manufacturing lines under the Lean/Six Sigma methodology.
- Supporting high profile projects and system roll outs resulting from BEx initiatives.
- Supporting implementation and sustainability of the AV Operating System.
- Supporting BEx Team in implementing strategic initiatives at AVPR aligned with Site and Divisional Goals.
The following qualifications are required:
- Senior (3rd, 4th or 5th year) in Mechanical and Industrial Engineering student. Industrial Engineering preferred.
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Some continuous improvement knowledge or experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge in utilization of software, such as: spreadsheet in Excel, Word, ER and PC literate
- Available to work overtime and weekends, if necessary
JOB FAMILY:Administrative Support
LOCATION:Puerto Rico > Barceloneta : PR-17
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf