Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In Abbott’s Heart Failure division, we’re advancing the treatment of heart and vascular disease through breakthrough medical technologies in electrophysiology and heart failure, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Key point of contact for clinical issues for assigned territory customers.
- Training and educating customers on Abbott products per the approved educational materials and IFU's.
- Heartline and Travel Call responsibility.
- Attending implants to provide clinical support according to approved educational materials.
- Strategic planning and execution to improve clinical outcomes and business objectives within territory.
- Effective and timely management of territory clinical issues, and process related issues, including: monthly reports, Concur expense reporting, SFA input, and PEC reporting.
- Effective communication and collaboration with territory team, clinical team, training and education, marketing, technical support and management teams.
- Communicate regularly with Clinical Manager.
- Awareness of and adherence to Advamed guidelines.
- Active continuing education to stay current on the clinical issues impacting MCS.
- Evaluates clinical and educational needs of customers.
- Designs, develops and implements quality educational programs.
- Actively participates in the communication of concepts and ideas designed to benefit customer support and educational efforts.
- Tracks industry trends to alert marketing to new product direction.
- Provides input into the strategic and tactical planning process.
- Responsible for providing technical and clinical support to customers and sales team.
- Coordinates and assists with the training of all centers in an assigned geographical region.
- Maintains contact with customers in order to assess clinical and educational needs.
- Evaluates customer needs and recommends appropriate product modifications.
- Creates, maintains, and updates educational materials.
- Assists in the promotion of Abbott's product to prospective clients in cooperation with the sales team.
- Evaluates product viability and planned product improvements and modifications.
- Completes clinical reports as requested by management, and completes all additional documentation requested by management in a timely basis.
- Protects and acts responsibly toward all company equipment and confidential information.
- Provides support at Tradeshows as requested by management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Undergraduate Degree in Nursing or some other medical discipline. Graduate Degree desirable.
-3-5 years heart failure experience or equivalent preferred.
- Background in Nursing, Circulatory Support or Cardiology.
Your preferred qualifications and education:
- Nursing (ICU or CCU), clinical publications, and group presentations desirable.
- Computer literacy.
- Highly motivated, have excellent written and verbal communications skills, great desire to help others, composed under stress and well organized.
- MCS (mechanical circulatory support) experience highly desirable.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
EPHF Electrophysiology & Heart Failure
United States of America : Remote
Yes, 25 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipment
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf