Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
· Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
· Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
· An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
· Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
· A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
· A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
Our Neuromodulation business is an area of expertise for Abbott. This business includes implantable devices compatible with mobile technology to help people who suffer from chronic pain and movement disorders. Our Solutions include Proclaim (TM) XR SCS System, the #1 Spinal cord stimulator on the market, Proclaim (TM) DRG Neurostimulator, the only FDA approved DRG therapy and a market leader in radiofrequency ablation therapy, Abbott RFA. These non-opioid therapies allow us to provide interventional pain therapy to patients throughout the pain continuum. Our deep brain stimulation technology for progressive diseases help people manage their Parkinson’s disease and essential tremor symptoms, steering away from side effects.
Our location in Houston currently has an opportunity for a Clinical Specialist. As a member of the clinical support team, is responsible for providing technical clinical expertise and support of the sales process to colleagues, current customers and/or potential customers. Works under general direction with clinical and sales teammates to identify and capitalize on sales opportunities by creating competency, comfort and expertise with all Abbott Chronic Pain Therapies among physicians, support staff and customers within assigned geography. Performs work that involves a high degree of independence. Exercises independent judgment in planning, organizing, and performing work. Seeks to continually improve territory efficiency.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Provides technical, clinical and programming assistance, primarily in support of 1-2 Territory Manager(s).
· Assist Territory Managers in after hours call support and activities.
· Integrates into all accounts, builds trust and relationships and establishes strong rapport with customers.
· Proficient in complex programming, case support.
· Works seamlessly with Territory Manager(s) allowing them increased selling time.
· Will foster high trust relationships with customers, including the regional team members.
· Will begin to conduct PCP work and educational in services, as directed.
· As directed by sales manager, contacts, visits and interests clients and potential clients in the Company’s products and addresses any client questions and concerns.
· Provides medical professionals with sales support, information, and training on the use of Company products and with staff education, in-services and technical troubleshooting.
· Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of assigned accounts and customers to include competitor activity
· Conducts evaluations and develops sales strategies for capital equipment opportunities within accounts.
· Collects and studies information about new and existing products and monitors competitor sales, prices and products.
· Provide feedback to providers both within operating room setting and outside operating room setting on the directions for use specific to implantable devices
· May attend trade shows where new products and technologies are showcased and conferences to meet other sales representatives and clients and discuss new product developments.
· Uses clinical expertise to identify customer training and in-service needs with the goal of increasing customer usage, comfort and understating of all Abbott Chronic Pain Therapies product line.
· Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
· Provides sales support, clinical inservices, training and guidance to current or potential customers.
· Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
· Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
· Associates Degree or technical certification; preferred Bachelor’s Degree.
· 1 - 2 years work experience, strong preference working with patients in clinical setting
· The ability to communicate, understand and educate clinical data in the Chronic Pain Therapies space.
· Strong clinical skills.
· Excellent organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
· Excellent interpersonal verbal, written and presentation skills with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels and to large groups within and outside the organization.
· Capable of building strong working relationships with internal/external customers.
· Capable of working unpredictable schedule that may occasionally change on short notice due to operating room schedule changes and or delays.
· Accustomed to tight deadlines and managing multiple tasks.
· Strong sense of urgency.
· Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
· Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
· Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
· Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
· Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
· Ability to travel 25% within assigned region and/or outside assigned region.
· Capable of engaging customers in selling conversations as needed and as directed by Territory Manager
· Patient interaction experience within health care related environment (Physical Therapy, medical product sales, RN, LPN)
· Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
· 1-3 years experience with Abbott, or in similar spinal cord stimulation (SCS) setting or with another implantable medical device company.
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is
$57,300.00 – $114,700.00
In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
United States of America : Remote
Yes, 25 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day), Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipment
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf