Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
How? Become a Chemical Technician at Abbott Barceloneta, Puerto Rico. This position is in a first shift (6am-2pm).
As a Chemical Technician position is responsible for the preparation of solutions, receipt, storage and dispatch of chemicals, disposal of used and/or expired chemicals, transfer and shipments of chemicals to other Abbott plants, take samples of chemicals for shipping to External Laboratories for analysis and approval.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
- Prepare solutions, weighing and mixing chemicals according to approved procedures and manufacturing needs; within the expected time and in compliance with procedures and regulations. Perform the maintenance and cleaning of the assigned equipment following the procedures of the Chemical Mixing Area and make appropriate use of the equipment and glassware used for the manufacture of the solutions. Provide support during change of chemical solutions to manufacturing machines and/or equipment.
- Comply with the training required in the curriculum and with the dates of training established. Follow EHS and Quality rules and procedures as applicable to your area and the corresponding tasks being performed. Coordinate the training and certifications of the "Chemical Technicians", "Chemical handlers" to ensure that production runs efficiently.
Provide support during the transfer of methods, equipment and instrument qualifications, process validations/methods, physical changes or constructions within the solution preparation area or in the areas of storage of chemicals, planned/unplanned events, quality studies or research impacting the area of preparation of solutions or stability or any other special project that is required.
Coordinate with the Chemistry Laboratory/California as applicable, testing and/or approvals of the solutions following established procedures. Transfer chemicals between Abbott plants if needed to help keep other production areas uninterrupted.
Coordinate labeling, appropriate documentation, and provide data to EHS related to waste profiles. Provide assistance to operations (which are generated in the manufacturing area and in the solution preparation room, as applicable.) in the disposal of hazardous materials/waste ensuring compliance with local and federal regulations and following the procedures and policies of the plant, division and corporation. Support EHS audits as required.
Coordinate quality research, engineering testing, validations, calibrations, equipment repairs or engineering controls with the appropriate Departments. Identify and implement preventive or corrective actions in situations that may have an effect on production. This includes, but is not limited to: creation and/or changes of CR, CO, LHR, etc.
CAN’T WAIT TO GET STARTED?
To be successful in this role, you will require the following qualifications:
- Associate degree in Science.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience of preparation of Vascular Solutions in a manufacturing environment.
- Language Proficiency: Intermediate English.
- Ability to read, write, communicate, and understand instructions and other documents related to works written in the English language.
LOCATION:Puerto Rico > Barceloneta : PR-17
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf