Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott serves the Irish market with a diverse range of healthcare products including diagnostics, medical devices and nutritionals products. In Ireland, Abbott employs over 4,000 people across nine sites. We have six manufacturing facilities located in Clonmel, Cootehill, Donegal, Longford and Sligo and a third-party manufacturing management operation in Sligo. Abbott has commercial, support operations and shared services in Dublin and Galway. We have been operating in Ireland since 1946.
Abbott Ireland Diagnostic Division – Longford:
Abbott established a diagnostics manufacturing facility in Sligo in 1994 to manufacture blood-screening products and reagents.
In 2004, Abbott’s operations in Ireland expanded with the opening of a second facility in Longford. The plant was first occupied in December 2004, and the first product (Architect® TSH) was launched in December of 2005.
The Longford facility plays a key role in helping Abbott to meet the increasing global demand for diagnostic testing in areas such as infectious disease, cancer, thyroid and cardiovascular diseases.
Abbott in Longford manufactures 18 diagnostic reagent products for thyroid function, fertility, and pregnancy, cardiology, renal and metabolic. Our products are manufactured to the highest standards of quality and are regulated by bodies such as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Complete internal projects, investigations, and technical support activities with minimal oversight.
Project Management: Complete internal projects, investigations and technical support activities with minimal oversight.
· Product and Process Improvements : Investigates standard complaints. Identifies and prioritizes medical and reportable complaints. Supports ticket trending process and maintains Quality Records. Maintains awareness of industry regulatory standards.
· Design control and risk management: Under direction, develops and maintains risk management files.
· Complaint and internal investigations: Undertake multiple technical tasks of a similar nature to complete investigations. Provide audit inputs and support as required.
· Technical Support: Use standard work practices (defined procedures, protocols, Ops) to perform testing and data analysis in support of root cause identification and problem resolution.
· Sharing Knowledge: Prepares reports and may deliver presentations to internal ADD groups. Shares knowledge and expertise with others in work group.
· Strategic and Results Orientation: Demonstrates fiscal responsibility through support of product availability and improvements.
EDUCATION & COMPETENCIES:
· Higher Certificate, Ordinary or Honors Bachelor’s Degree in scientific and technical field is desired or relevant combination of education and experience.
· 0-2 years’ related work experience
Connect with us at www.abbott.com or https://www.ie.abbott/ , on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-/ , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews
Ireland > Longford : Lisnamuck
Ie - Shftpre0 (Ireland)
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES: