Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
ABOUT ABBOTT DIAGNOSTICS:
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast, accurate diagnosis. Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and transform the way the world is managing health.
Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare operations — with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics.
Our location in Irving, Texas currently has an opportunity for a Associate Quality Specialist.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Perform quality related activities to deliver consistent, high quality deliverables and services
· Participate in Quality System processes which may include training, corrective action and preventive action (CAPA) activities, equipment maintenance, product and process planning, quality audits, validation.
· Responsible for completing documentation in a timely manner and in accordance with business standards.
· Provides solutions that are scoped to to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity. Interacts constructively with employees, managers and cross-functional peers. May lead a project with a limited scope, but usually a contributor on broader projects. Provides guidance to other Professionals and Technicians.
· Create label source files and supporting documentation.
· Perform proofreading and quality checks.
You’ll be accountable for meeting our compliance standards including FDA, OSHA and Abbott policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
· High school diploma or GED required
· Proven capability in working with Loftware Label Manager, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat and MS Office products
· Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize appropriately
· Minimum 2 years of experience in Medical Device manufacturing
· Must be detail oriented and organized.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
United States > Irving : LC-02
Yes, 5 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf