Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
HAVE YOU EVER DREAM OF MAKING AN IMPACT ON THE WORLD?
How? Become an Associate Quality Engineer at our Abbott Vascular, manufacturing site, located in Barceloneta, Puerto Rico.
As an Associate Quality Engineer you will provide Process/Quality Engineering support to manufacturing, helping to ensure delivery of highest quality product to the customer by assisting in the identification and resolution of quality related issues. The Associate Quality Engineer will work with line supervisor, manufacturing engineer, and other team members, to address all opportunities found in the assigned manufacturing line and will be the primary quality representative for the area.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
· Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
· Learns to identify Manufacturing process defects (scrap, nonconforming material, customer complaints) by disposition of non‐conforming material, assessing in identification of primary root causes and understanding corrective and preventive actions. May be responsible for working with process owner to bound product stops and document release criteria.
· Assists in development of product quality plans, documents and systems by providing input to product specification, quality specification, quality plans, risk analyses, FMEAs in conjunction with other product development team members. May be responsible for providing input to risk analyses and FMEAs.
· Learns Process Monitoring Systems by becoming familiar with systems applications and critical process steps; and through familiarization with methods used to reduce process variation.
· Becomes familiar with Product/Process improvement efforts by understanding current quality metric data and learning the various analysis methods used to enhance sustaining product design and new product development; learns Quality Tools & Training Materials by gaining knowledge of prevalent tools used and by reviewing & utilizing available training materials.
· Assist Product/Process improvement efforts (e.g). scrap, nonconforming product, customer complains) by systematically gathering quality metric data and by assessing in the appropriated analysis methods to enhance sustaining product design.
CAN’T WAIT TO GET STARTED?
To be successful in this role, you will require the following qualifications:
· Bachelor degree in Engineering.
· 1+ years of related work experience with a basic understanding of
specified functional area, or an equivalent combination of education and work
· Bilingual. Fluent in English and Spanish.
Puerto Rico > Barceloneta : PR-17
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf