Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
ABOUT ABBOTT DIAGNOSTICS:
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast, accurate diagnosis. Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and transform the way the world is managing health.
Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare operations — with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics.
Our location in Irving, TX , currently has an opportunity for an Associate Manufacturing Engineer.
This is a newly-created, full-time position.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Participates in the design and development of engineering solutions for parts and components and other designs of lower complexity.
· Translates requirements into new solutions - Develops requirements and specifications for new and existing engineering designs.
· Design - Proposes designs, implements or assesses designs and verifies parts or components for low complexity solutions.
· Develops Simulations & Prototypes - Develops simulations or prototypes for new / modified designs and performs engineering analysis and testing.
· Implements the design of new products and/or product improvements - Implements the design for parts or components and ensures designs meet established requirements.
· Responsible for updating / creating detailed design specifications.
· Verifies Solution -Responsible for integration, protocol development and verification of designs.
· Documenting and Managing Change - Justifies changes, quality and regulatory information, and manufacturing readiness information.
· Completes change documentation to include technical rationale and formal verification test results.
· Advances Engineering Expertise - Maintains current technical skills and functional area expertise.
· Anticipates and/or Develops/Applies Risk Mitigation - Reviews engineering technical risks and take appropriate action. Provides input into risk management documentation including FMEA and risk analyses.
· Collaborates across functional areas - Exchanges information with product team members, scientists, engineers, and other systems development personnel.
· Ensures quality through design Techniques and Design Alternatives - Participates in Engineering Design Reviews utilizing Engineering Procedures and Engineering Tools and incorporates recommendations.
· Performs Investigations - Participates in investigations to determine root cause for low complexity issues.
· Arrives at timely conclusions.
· Maintains adherence to the Quality System -Implements and maintains the effectiveness of the quality system. Follows functional area policies and procedures.
· Utilizes appropriate experimental, statistical and engineering tools.
· Obtains Customer Feedback for new and/or Improve Products - Gathers inputs from internal sources and from members of the project’s cross functional team to help meet product needs.
· Selects, builds and maintain Third Party Manufacturer (TPM) product and partner relationship - For Third Party Manufactured products, assesses the assigned part / component or subsystem ability to meet corresponding requirements.
· Strategic Orientation -Ensures activities are focused on team priorities.
· Works with cross functional team in collaborative environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
· Bachelor’s Degree In an engineering or closely related discipline preferred or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
· 0-2 related work experience
· Applies engineering technical knowledge for specified engineering discipline.
· Knowledge of regulations and standards affecting IVDs and biologics is desired.
Preferred/Ideal/Optional Work Experience, Education, etc.:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Biomedical Engineering, preferred.
· Manufacturing engineering experience (e.g. developing instructions for building of product, etc. )-- from manufacturing company
· Experience with SolidWorks, DFA (Design for Assembly), or any other CAD system, CATIA, etc.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
United States > Irving : LC-02
Yes, 5 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf