Associate Field Service Engineer
Abbott is a global healthcare company devoted to improving life through the development of products and technologies that span the breadth of healthcare. At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and personable Associate Field Service Engineer to support our expanding Electrophysiology (EP) and Vascular (AV) business units by providing advanced technical expertise, service and maintenance for the Abbott Medical capital equipment portfolio.
Main responsibilities include:
- Planning and installation of Abbott Medical capital equipment
- Supporting trials of capital equipment products
- Build Abbott Medical relationship with key lab equipment vendors
- Perform service, maintenance and upgrades of capital equipment products
- Maintenance of detailed databases on the location, system serial numbers, calibration and preventative maintenance scheduling of all Abbott Medical capital equipment
- Develop relationships with and service key customer groups
- Clinical Expertise - Provide technical support for internal and external customers on capital products
- This role requires national travel
- Have a sound understanding of, and comply with, the industry (MTAA) the Abbott Medical Code of Conduct and Company Compliance requirements
- Handle and document customer complaints according to Abbott Medical ANZ Field Event Reporting Standard Operating Procedure.
- Knowledge of and commitment to Work, Health & Safety responsibilities.
- Action any other customer complaints with relevant Abbott Medical ANZ Business Unit.
- Execute the position and Business Unit responsibilities according to applicable Abbott Medical ANZ Standard Operating Procedures
- Perform other related functions and responsibilities as directed by Manager
In addition to the above, the relevant experience is required:
- Tertiary qualifications in medical (eg. Bachelor of Science) or related field (Coronary Care Nursing/Cardiac Technician) or Business area essential
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suites ie Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent problem solving skills - enjoy troubleshooting and reaching a solution
Abbott provides some fantastic benefits for our employees, these include:
- Reimbursed Flu Vaccination
- Discounted Healthcare
- Discounted Shares program
- Salary Sacrifice Options
- AND…..Lots, lots more
Abbott is an equal opportunity employer
We ask that recruiters respect our internal recruitment process and PSA panel, and refrain from contacting us, or referring candidates to this role.
JOB FAMILY:Support Services
DIVISION:CAHF Cardiac Arrhythmias & Heart Failure
LOCATION:Australia : Remote
TRAVEL:Yes, 75 % of the Time
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:Not Applicable
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Not Applicable