Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Associate Field Service Engineer to support our expanding Electrophysiology (EP) and Heart Failure (HF) business units. Based in Melbourne, this role will provide advanced technical expertise, service and maintenance for the Abbott Medical capital equipment portfolio.
Your main responsibilities include:
· Planning and installation of Abbott Medical EP/HF capital equipment
· Supporting trials of capital equipment products
· Building Abbott Medical’s relationship with key lab equipment vendors
· Providing service, maintenance and upgrades to capital equipment products
· Maintaining detailed databases on the location, system serial numbers, calibration and preventative maintenance scheduling of all Abbott Medical capital equipment
· Developing relationships with and service key customer groups
· Provide clinical and technical support for internal and external customers on capital products
· Traveling nationally as and when required
· Understanding and complying with the industry (MTAA), the Abbott Medical Code of Conduct and Company Compliance requirements
· Managing customer complaints and taking necessary actions to resolve these
· Executing the position and Business Unit responsibilities in accordance with applicable operating procedures
What makes you a successful candidate:
· Tertiary qualifications in medical (e.g. Bachelor of Science or Biomedical) or related field (Coronary Care Nursing/Cardiac Technician) or Business are essential
· Good Technical / Clinical / Scientific / Basic Electronics knowledge is advantageous
· Strong project management abilities and excellent customer service skills
· Experience using Microsoft Office Suites ie Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Abbott provides some fantastic benefits for our employees, these include:
· Wellbeing programs
· Discounted Shares program
· Ongoing learning and development opportunities
· AND…..Lots more!
Abbott is committed to building a diverse workforce that values diversity across gender, age, culture, disability and lifestyle.
We ask that recruiters respect our internal recruitment process and PSA panel, and refrain from contacting us, or referring candidates to this role.
EPHF Electrophysiology & Heart Failure
Australia : Remote
Yes, 100 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES: