Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott Vascular provides innovative, minimally invasive and cost-effective products for treatment of vascular disease. Our extensive portfolio includes drug-eluting stents, bare metal stents, guide wires, balloon dilatation catheters, imaging catheters and software, vessel closure devices and peripheral stents.
Abbott Vascular is currently has a Field Clinical Engineer opportunity for a professional individual contributor who works under limited supervision with solid understanding in the area of Medical Affairs. The position requires flexibility to relocate to anywhere in the United States.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Assist with the implantation and support of cardiac devices as well as provide support for interventional procedures.
· Assist in the day-to-day management of various clinical trial-related issues, working under some supervision, and provide educational and technical support in response to cath lab inquiries from physicians, nurses and other health care professionals, as related to clinical trial protocols, clinical study collection, logistics, and/or the use of similar instruments in clinical practice.
· Identify and routinely use the most effective, cost efficient and best business practices to execute processes, continually evaluating their effectiveness and appropriateness.
· Exercise judgment in planning, organizing and performing work; monitor performance and report status to manager; engage in activities and behaviors to become proficient in the servicing of accounts and their needs as they relate to the study and use of complex equipment and devices.
· Provide technical assistance and support for procedures in which Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) and/or other vascular business products are used, including during pre- and post-use
· •Provide regional implant consultation to Abbott colleagues on an as-needed basis
· •Develop and executesinstrument setup for OCT & other devices for specific procedural/protocol requirements
· •Assist in the support of complex percutaneous intervention procedures performed under clinical trial protocols or clinical practice as they relate to active clinical trial protocols
· •Remain technically competent relative to best practices and the products offered in the marketplace and serves a resource in technical and research literature knowledge in the fields he/she supports
· •Develop, lead and/or facilitate trainings and other programs on Abbott clinical trial protocols and products to healthcare professionals
· •Ensure that all pertinent patient information required per protocol is completed and forwarded to the appropriate research staff as required
· •Responsible for the management and control of any assigned investigational or other necessary inventory
· •Perform work that involves a high degree of independence performing mostly tactical roles but consultative over time (i.e. providing guidance in Cath lab to HCPs)
· •Identifiy reports and advises of customer needs, product performance and potential protocol difficulties to Clinical Research Scientists in charge of the study and R&D personnel in charge of product development
· •Assure any adverse events or malfunctions are reported within the prescribed time to trial compliance and/or PER customer service
· •Perform other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned, which may include taking call on evenings and weekends for time-sensitive patient and customer needs.
· Coordinate and oversee investigator initiations and group studies.
· Participate in adverse event reporting and safety responsibilities monitoring.
· •Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned, which may include taking call on evenings and weekends for time-sensitive patient and customer needs.
· •Comply with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Abbott policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintain positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
· Contribute to implementation of clinical protocols, and facilitates completion of final reports.
· As the Experienced professional in the Medical Affairs Sub-Function, possess well developed skills in overseeing the direction, planning, execution, clinical trials/research and the data collection activities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
· Associates Degree and minimum 1 year of experience
· Minimum of 0- 2 years of experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Biological Sciences, a related field, or equivalent
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
Medical & Scientific Affairs
United States of America : Remote
Yes, 50 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipment, Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday), Work with human blood or other potentially infectious materials
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf