Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
What you'll do as an Associate Controls Engineer:
· Implement and maintains plant equipment, systems and other fixed assets to a high standard of safety, quality, and productivity while maintaining compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements.
· Provide electro-mechanical support to all aspects of the operation to support production bottling lines.
· Perform small projects and troubleshoot line performance with the maintenance team. Implement mechanical and/or electrical improvements to drive line improvement in quality, safety, and productivity.
· Provide technical support to the Columbus plant, engineering and maintenance teams. Provide technical leadership within maintenance team to implement industry best practices. Use predictive maintenance techniques to drive line improvements. Support processing and packaging asset performance using 5S, RCA, Lean Six Sigma and other continuous improvement tools.
· Work with engineering and maintenance to implement and adhere to Columbus plant or division engineering and programming standards for equipment modifications and upgrades.
· Monitor production data to determine areas of improvement and react to unforeseen production/manufacturing issues.
· Provide technical training to plant personnel including engineering, equipment operators, electricians, instrument technicians, and maintenance as needed. Create and execute validation activities according to plant/division policy.
· Plans and conducts small projects within the controls engineering function.
· Gather data to aid in detailed planning/monitoring of equipment performance prior to and after project implementation, perform project reviews within Maintenance/Engineering team, implementation, validation, and release to production.
· Complete line improvement activities incorporating best available technologies while adhering to Abbott policies, regulatory requirements, GMP standards, Abbott Engineering Standards, and Environmental, Health / Safety regulations.
· Review equipment/process specifications, drawings, and software as required and ensure that existing documentation is accurate and appropriate.
· Research, recommend, implement, and qualify replacement parts for discontinued/obsolete components, equipment, and software.
Education and Experience, you'll bring:
· B.S. in Engineering with an emphasis on electronics, controls systems, and software.
· Approximately 2 years experience in engineering/ controls or advanced education to achieve level of skill.
· Practical experience in: controls systems, PLC / servo programming, vision systems, process instrumentation, printing/coding equipment, variable speed drives, and electrical devices.
· Good communication skills, both written and verbal required.
· Possesses a working technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices, and procedures. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
· Strong leadership skills required.
· Interacts well with diverse operations/maintenance/engineering groups.
· Maintains strong working relationships with internal customers in a collaborative, fast-paced, goal-driven environment. Listens to and understands others’ points of view; possesses interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences.
· Interfaces with production team members, department managers, and Engineering / QA functions.
· Leads small projects / supports larger programs to successful completion. Responsible for completing projects tasks within time constraints.
· Work is reviewed for overall accuracy, completeness, soundness of technical judgment.
· Coordinates efforts with technical and support staff. Guides the efforts of technicians and outside personnel.
· Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering preferred.
· Allen Bradley Controls Hardware and communication protocol experience desired
· Work experience in the food or any high-speed packaging/manufacturing facility under FDA regulation preferred.
ANSC Nutrition Supply Chain
United States > Columbus : Columbus Plant
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf