Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
ABOUT ABBOTT DIAGNOSTICS:
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast, accurate diagnosis. Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and transform the way the world is managing health.
Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare operations — with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics.
Our location in Abbott Park, Illinois currently has an opportunity for a
Associate Engineer .
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Support our Abbott Product Life-cycle Management (TeamCenter) and Mircofocus Solutions Business Manager (SBM) Design Automation Tools;
· Responsibilities include granting access to APLM and SBM systems, releasing DHF Documents that are in Document Control,
· Supporting daily maintenance of APLM/SBM Service Groups and APLM/SBM Help databases, and expediting help desk tickets,
· Compiling Help Desk metrics to contribute to improvement of Customer Support, removal of terminated users from the system, making record corrections within the system, running maintenance reports, supporting audit requests.
· Identifying opportunities to streamline the support tickets and automation
· Document “How To” user guides and conduct user Lunch n Learn sessions
· Assist in developing tool specific training and keeping shared repository on SharePoint or Tips and Tricks folder up-to-date.
· Requesting and searching for data in Corporate Records/RIMS and supporting the annual Design Automation Tools Rectification.
· Actively Listens: Listen actively to acquire information and understand others viewpoint.
· Give Constructive Feedback: Give appropriate, helpful information specific to the issue, uses examples, ties feedback to specific business issues.
· Actively Participates in Team Meetings: Actively participates in review of meeting topics, and contributes in meeting team goals by offering pro and con suggestions,works toward consensus.
· Resolves Conflicts: Faces conflicts and takes initiative to resolve them constructively so all parties can be productive, knows when to involve others.
· Shares Resources, Knowledge and Accountability: Shares resources and knowledge, assures the team takes accountability, draws on strengths of each team member.
· Serves in Multiple Team Roles: Serves as leader, contributor, facilitator, consultant, technical expert, arbitrator, evaluator according to the needs of the team and task.
· Initiates Decisions: Makes timely and effective decisions, considers alternatives, uses sound judgment, achieves closure on work.
· Confronts Issues: Confronts issues in a constructive manner and at an appropriate organizational level, perseveres in the face of adversity.
· Motivates Others: : Keeps morale high by encouraging others,giving positive feedback and setting a good example,makes and keeps commitments
· Receive/Give Performance Feedback: Asks for and gives feedback on the strengths and development needs of self/ others.
· Identify Future Development Needs: Translates changes in business goals and objectives into the skills,knowledge and experience needed for future work
· Plans for and Achieves Development: Prepares a plan that sets appropriate development goals,establishes timelines to fulfill development needs,balances the time needed for accomplishing current work and achieving development goals.
· Recognizes risk: Recognizes risks relative to procedures and regulatory requirements, and take appropriate action.
· Quantifies Risks: Identifies and quantifies technical risks and their consequences relative to the overall success of the project, recommends appropriate actions.
· Aligns Work with Departmental Priorities: Understands operational strategy and carries out responsibilities in line with department priorities,understands scope of processes.
· Stays Current: Demonstrates awareness of changes in science,industry,competitors and company.
· Aligns Strategy to Customer Needs: Modifies operational practices and technical recommendations to accommodate internal and external customer needs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
· Associate’s degree and 1+ years of experience
· Bachelors degree in an engineering, computer science or closely related discipline or sufficient practical and transferable experience to demonstrate functional equivalence to a degree.
· 1 - 3 years relevant experience.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
United States > Abbott Park : AP08/A Floor-1
Yes, 5 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf