Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
A healthy heart is essential to good health. That's why we're committed to advancing treatments for people with cardiovascular disease. As a global leader in Cardiac Rhythm Technologies, our breakthrough medical technologies help restore people's health so they can get back to living their best lives, faster. We focus on innovative technologies that can improve the way doctors treat people with heart arrhythmias, or irregular heartbeats.
Our location in Sylmar, CA or Austin, TX currently has an opportunity for an Associate Downstream Marketing Manager, Connectivity.
Lead downstream commercialization effort for connectivity related products and programs within Abbott Cardiac Rhythm Management’s digital and connectivity franchise, including
· Mobile patient apps
· Our connectivity platform (Merlin.net, Merlin@Home, MerlinOnDemand and our new Merlin programmer)
· Value added services related to connectivity, such as the global scaling effort of the new SyncUp call center to support patient remote monitoring.
The marketing manager will collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders internally, as well as external partners. The marketing manager is responsible for the identification of customer and market needs/wants, development of global launch plans, creation of promotional campaigns, and ensuring successful execution of these efforts.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Drive product and service commercialization strategy for the connectivity franchise.
· Contribute to future connectivity product innovation/process improvement to increase market share and/or improve gross margin.
· Expand service offerings for the SyncUp call center and develop supporting commercial strategy.
· Collect critical qualitative and quantitative data through market research, customer and field engagement and analyze the data and work with financials to quantify the opportunity.
· Drive data generation effort to support differentiated marketing claims of our remote monitoring products and services.
· Achieve the goals and objectives of Global Marketing, the Division and each of the Areas.
· Ensure compliance with the Quality System and all Ethics/Compliance guidelines.
· Stay informed of market dynamics and competitive product and service offerings.
Program Commercial Leadership
· Lead commercial efforts within program core teams.
· Develop clear, compelling and data-driven marketing plan for product launches and other marketing initiatives.
· Collaborate with Marcom team to create effective print and digital marketing collateral.
· Partner with the Education team to design internal launch training programs.
· Work closely with upstream marketing counterpart and program management team to ensure successful launch of products.
Cross Functional Leadership
· Engage regularly with R&D, remote care operations and remote care tech support team to assure highest level of quality control of our remote monitoring service.
· Align with commercial marketing partners in EMEA, APAC, Latin America and Canada to ensure consistent marketing strategy and messaging globally.
· Be the liaison between commercial marketing, Quality, IT and the service team to continually improve technology and efficiency of the call center and elevate customer experience.
· Initiate core-team meetings and workshops with cross-functional partners to address issues impacting the Merlin franchise and SyncUp call center.
· Demonstrate exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a noted ability to communicate complex concepts to a non-technical audience.
· Drive data generation effort to support marketing claims of our connectivity products and services.
· Host virtual and in-person customized visits for physicians to educate on Abbott’s products and services.
· Interface with consultants, marketing research firms, other vendors and customers to help move forward our remote monitoring and connectivity initiatives
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
· 1-2 years of marketing experience working in the medical device, life science research, pharmaceutical or diagnostics industry
· Demonstrated ability to apply analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
· Strong communication skills and the ability to leverage/engage others to accomplish projects
· Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner
· Advanced Degree (such as a Master’s degree or MBA) is preferred
· Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast paced, changing environment
· Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
CRM Cardiac Rhythm Management
United States > Sylmar : 15900 Valley View Court
United States > Texas > Austin : 6300 Bee Cave Rd Building 2, suite 100
Yes, 15 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf