Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Our location in Tipp City, OH currently has an opportunity for an Associate Chemist I .
With state-of-the-art equipment and advanced automation, Abbott’s Tipp City, Ohio, facility was named Food Engineering Magazine’s “2017 Plant of the Year.” Working here, you’ll feel part of a family – a family of 260 that works together to help nourish the world.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
•The primary functions of this position are the performance of analytical testing on raw ingredients, in-process and finished product and plant utilities. This also includes testing for release of product to manufacturing for further processing, filling and finishing.
•Conducts raw ingredient analysis - Includes simple titrations, identity, sediment testing, etc.
• Conducts in-process and finished product testing including: vitamin analysis, protein analysis, mineral analysis, fat by Mojonnier extraction technique and CEM Hybrid Determination Trac, total solids determination, Iodide and chloride testing, vitamin C testing, mineral analysis.
• Performs Standardization for test KOH and final water calculations and physical tests such as pH, viscosity, grain color, sensory evaluation.
• Makes batch adjustments by generating appropriate documentation for batch corrections and optimizations. Makes batch calculations by generation and distribution of work orders and associated controlled documentation.
• Conduct special testing required under an Interim Operating Procedure or any testing required under certification or validation protocols and assist in investigations into testing problems as required under the Retest Policy.
• Observes all safety rules and regulations. Reports incidents, near misses chemical spills in the proper manner to crew leader and/or supervisor.
• Completes project work as assigned by supervision and management. This may include troubleshooting and maintenance of analytical equipment and test methods, maintaining related documentation, coordinating efforts with vendors/plant/Division personnel, developing appropriate training classes.
• Responsible for maintaining an adequate inventory of all supplies related to the analytical laboratory. Responsible for training new chemists on all laboratory operations which includes methods, procedures, documentation, maintenance and safety.
• Conducts control sample analysis to determine validity of concurrent testing per method, Clean in place (CIP) Residual testing, daily flavor and aroma of oils and weekly peroxide testing of oils, and completes any associated documentation.
housekeeping responsibilities. Completes Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly standardization, maintenance, system suit abilities and testing.
You’ll be accountable for meeting our compliance standards including FDA, OSHA and Abbott policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
· High School Diploma or GED required and a college math and science course.
· Bachelor’s Degree of Science (preferably Chemistry) preferred
· Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
· Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
· Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal
ANSC Nutrition Supply Chain
United States > Tipp City : Main/Liquid Plant
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday), Lift, carry, push or pull weights of more than 20 pounds/9 kilos on a regular/daily basis
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf