Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
Our location in Lake County, Illinois has an opportunity for an Associate Business Systems Consultant. This role will be the default point of contact for IT with the business. This role will work with the Core Diagnostics Manufacturing and Supply Chain business stakeholders to plan and deliver solutions that grow and enhance the business. He or she will manage multiple projects that align with the organizational strategy.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Seeks to understand business strategy and assists in development of the IT strategy that ties back directly to the business strategy.
· Manages and provides expert advice on, the selection, design, justification, implementation and business use of information systems.
· Works directly with clients and applies IT and business knowledge and experience to develop and understand the business case and business requirements to solve for technology related business problems.
· Analyzes business processes; elicits, analyzes, and documents business requirements.
· Identifies alternative solutions, assesses feasibility and makes recommendations typically seeking to exploit and leverage new or existing IT technology components.
· Elicits and communicates the organization’s business strategy.
· Works directly with business unit clients to understand specific business processes and needs and opportunities for improvement.
· Identifies IT capabilities and information required to support the business processes and collaborates in the development of appropriate information management strategies.
· Developing them as an integrated part of the business strategy.
· Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
· Identifies current and emerging business needs in supply chain and manufacturing. Works with corporate service providers to evaluate alternative IT solutions using standard information systems methodologies and best practices.
· Proactively seek out strategic business opportunities with business unit executives for the application of new or existing IT capabilities.
· Develops information systems strategies that meet the requirements of the business. Identifies the business benefits of alternative strategies. Ensures compliance between business strategies and technology directions.
· May conduct training.
· Identify process disconnects and translate them into improvement opportunities with cost savings or avoidance, productivity improvements, or revenue generating business benefits
· Develops business relationships and integrates activities with other IT departments to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts.
· Manages relationships between clients involved and IT organizations to assure effective communication between the groups is occurring.
· Brokers services within IT community on behalf of customers; coordinates system solutions.
· Allies with other IT functional areas to remain current on project status, and inform customer management of progress; conversely, keeps IT managers aware of user issues and resolves conflicts.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU’LL BRING
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. No advanced degree required
· Minimum of 3-5years of experience
· IT expertise in various disciplines; Supply Chain and Manufacturing experience a plus
· 7yrs of experience or more
· Track record and business knowledge in pharmaceutical or medical device industry
· Successfully managed project portfolio with projects ranging from $250M - $5MM
· Good influence and negotiating skills
· Proven experience and understanding of the complete software life cycle
· Good communication skills both verbal and written
· Technology knowledge of the following disciplines a plus Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), ERP, and digital supply chain
· 3+ years or more of project management experience
· Experience with vendor management, Phase 0s, Statement of Work (SOW) and Request for Proposals (RFP) reviews
IT Services & Solutions Delivery
United States > Lake Forest : CP01 Floor-1
United States > Abbott Park : AP06C Floor-1, United States > Waukegan : J46 Floor-2
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf