Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Associate 2 Product Development - PILOT PLANT
Our nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Our location in Columbus, OH, currently has an opportunity for an Associate 2 Product Development . In Research & Development (R&D) our ambition is providing innovative high-quality products, creating sustainable value, delivering superior user experience and enhancing health outcomes at all stages of life
The Associate 2 Product Development is responsible for analytical testing of in process product and maintenance of the Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP), use of laboratory testing equipment, completion of batch reviews, Batching, blending, processing, filling and sterilization of liquid and powdered infant and adult nutritional products.
Additional functions include, but not limited to: material handling/dispensing, hand cleaning, CIP, COP of equipment, operation of bottle cappers, seamers, GMP cleaning, operation of heat treatment systems, standardization and use of pH meters
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Meet departmental standards and expectations for teamwork and customer service
· Demonstrate job proficiency in skills associated with current grade level
· Demonstrate consistency in retaining and applying learned skills
· Support cGMP compliance initiatives and quality systems for the Process Research Center
· Perform tasks or job functions accurately and in a timely manner
· Demonstrate accountability and responsibility for EHS performance and compliance through active participation and support of Abbott’s EHS program
· Adhere to all policies, procedures and expectations for each area of responsibility
· Execute manufacturing steps per the approved work order documents
· Perform batch reviews, documentation and other activities based on the quality program
· Complete tasks associated with cleaning, CIP / COP and setup of necessary equipment
· Maintain good housekeeping in work areas
· Obtain Better Process Control certification
· Execute environmental monitoring sampling
· Standardize and use pH meters and adjust levels with appropriate reagents
· QA background and batch review experience a plus
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU’LL BRING
· High School Diploma / GED
· Three years’ experience in a plant production environment (preferably within drug, food or beverage manufacturing). Commercial, research, laboratory and quality experiences are preferred.
· Knowledge and use of laboratory testing equipment, applicable regulatory standards and requirements for infant formula, adult nutrition, and performance nutrition. Knowledge of food processing techniques and documentation requirements.
· Ability to read and follow work order documents, troubleshoot equipment breakdowns and operate powered industrial vehicles. Should possess a good mechanical aptitude and solid problem-solving skills.
· This position is accountable for accurately following all procedures relating to the manufacture of products in the Pilot Plant. Failure to follow all procedures could result in batch loss due to wrong ingredients, incorrect temperatures or being held too long, wrong amount added or not added at all, lost product and downtime.
· Accountable for the safety of self and other employees while operating equipment.
· This position is accountable for complying with applicable FDA (GMP), USDA, OSHA and Abbott regulations, policies, procedures or guidelines.
· Quality Assurance (QA) experiences a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
ANRD Nutrition Research & Development
United States > Columbus : Tech Center
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday), Lift, carry, push or pull weights of more than 20 pounds/9 kilos on a regular/daily basis
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf