Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Assistant Shopper Marketing Manager
Assistant Shopper Marketing Manager will be the lead with Shopper Creative and Joint Business Planning for Pedialyte working with the Shopper Marketing Managers, Sales counterparts, Shopper Insights teams, Brand Marketing teams, and agencies’. They will ensure strategic alignment between our consumers, shoppers, customers, and the Abbott Brands objectives with the assistance from the Internal Shopper Marketer.
This individual will be responsible to manage and analyze Shopper Promotional Effectiveness tracking and measuring effectiveness based on short term learnings and provide PILM with the data to provide a longer-term ROI. This individual will be responsible to create a repository of all learnings to establish best practice that can be shared with Retail, Brand and other interested parties. Additionally, the Assistant Shopper Marketing Manager will manage monthly budget, coupon and display strategy. They will ensure that all coupons are set-up to meet business objectives.
Key Responsibilities :
Strategic Shopper Marketing Plans:
· Collaborates with Internal Shopper Marketing Manager in the development and alignment of Brand strategies/objectives to identify key business opportunities and shopper activation plans Pedialyte
· Ensure plans are integrated into annual Brand planning as well as Retail Joint Business Planning.
· Track competitive shopper marketing activity on a regular basis
Lead Promotional Planning & Creative Development :
· Partnering with Brand, Sales and Sales Development to support and provide promotional plans, primarily through shopper activations (Pedialyte) and coupon activations (all other brands).
· Serve as Pedialyte Shopper Marketing lead on creative development leveraging the Shopper Marketing Agency, Brand, Insights and Customer objectives to produce shopper specific communication strategies.
· Leverage the brand objectives, strategies and consumer insights to provide promotional plans that are time aligned to produce most effective ROI
· Manage Abbott’s integration with same-day delivery service, Instacart, leveraging shopper marketing tactics.
· Manage HCP retail material forecasting, ensuring Retail division has proper allotment of samples/literature.
· Regularly track, assess and analyze effectiveness and ROI of major coupon plans/media (consisting of but not limited to Ibotta, Cartwheel, Kroger Loyalty, CVS loyalty, and Coupons.com). Works closely with PILM.
· Create repository of Shopper Promotional Effectiveness
· Provide overview and recommendation on new vendor capabilities
Agency and Shopper Budget
· Provide monthly update on Shopper budget and agency hours for all shopper programs.
Desired Skills & Experience:
· Bachelor's Degree required with 2-5 years of CPG marketing experience on either client or agency side
· Previous experience in Shopper Marketing and/or using shopper data and insights
· Experience working with third-party vendors and creative agencies
· Knowledge of Brand Management, Sales and Retail Marketing
· Demonstrates leadership and communication skills
· Ability to present and influence others, including Abbott and Customer leaders
· An understanding of Consumer/Shopper, using analytical skills and insights
· Budget ownership
ANPD Nutrition Products
United States > Columbus : RP03 Floor-2
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf