Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Working under limited supervision, provides expert clinical, sales, educational and technical support in response to the most complex field inquiries from physicians, health care professionals, patients, and field sales staff, involving HF products. Analyzes National Market needs to identify opportunities for the greatest impact. Leads cross-functional solutions to the identified needs and executes on national programs. Performs work that involves a high degree of independence and will be perceived as a proven leader/mentor across the country. Develops, refines and executes on employee and customer clinical development plans for assigned region(s). Identifies and routinely uses the most effective, cost efficient and best business practices to execute processes; continually evaluates their effectiveness and appropriateness. Exercises independent judgment in planning, organizing and performing work; monitors performance and reports status to manager. Technical proficiencies and performance are at the highest level of all Clinical Education Specialists in the country.
Essential Functions: Number and list the significant/essential duties, tasks or responsibilities which employees in this position are actually required to perform.
1. Acts as the most senior clinical interface between the medical community and business.
2. Analyzes Market Dynamics to identify greatest needs and opportunities
3. Create and execute on national programs that have the greatest impact on the business
4. Demonstrates ability to build and sustain credible business relationships with customers and shares product expertise accordingly.
5. Identifies reports and advises of customer needs, product performance and potential sales opportunities to sales representatives / directors and/or management to influence sales growth and service of accounts.
6. Provides technical, sales, education and clinical support in response to the most complex field inquiries. Demonstrates a thorough command of all HF products, related product and technical knowledge, trends and players.
7. Develops, leads and/or facilitates trainings and other programs on HF products to healthcare professionals
8. Provides insight, guidance, and feedback to management on market feedback and components of next generation of products
9. Supports local teams during implant case coverage where employee development or national expertise is needed.
10. Supports clinic support where national expertise is needed
11. Trains internal and external stakeholders on advanced hemodynamics
12. Provides additional back-up support to HF Sales Representatives in the following areas:
a. Sales support;
b. Regional training seminars;
c. Clinical studies/data collection;
d. Trouble Shooting; and,
e. New product in-service training to physicians, nurses and sales representatives.
13. Provides guidance to the local Principal and Senior CES’s mentorship responsibilities
14. Continuously develops clinical, sales and technical skills relative to the overall Heart Failure strategy, including learning opportunities via Sr. Sales personnel and management.
Other Duties: Number and list any important but non-essential and/or infrequent duties performed.
1. Assists Training and Education departments with advanced educational seminars, and the preparation of educational materials.
2. Assists Sales with advanced product demonstrations to visiting physicians and sales personnel.
3. Remains current on developments in field(s) of expertise, regulatory requirements, and a good working knowledge of company and competitor products, markets, and objectives as well as industry trends.
4. Resolves and/or facilitates resolution of problems including identifying causes to prevent re-occurrence.
5. Performs related functions and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
Accountability/Supervision: Describe the significant problem solving/decision making responsibilities. Describe the type and extent of supervision received and exercised.
Working under limited supervision, is accountable for providing advanced engineering, educational and clinical support to the field in response to the most complex inquiries from physicians, health care professionals, patients and sales staff. Performs work that involves a high degree of independence. Work is reviewed upon milestones and upon completion for soundness of judgment and overall adequacy/accuracy. Contributions affect team/organization results. Performs assignments of moderate complexity, resolves difficult scientific/technical problems using intellectual capabilities, ingenuity and advanced scientific principles; completes reports and makes oral presentations; consistent use of independent judgment. May contribute to the development of department policies/procedures/practices.
Relationships: Describe contacts and purpose of relationships.
Internal: Interfaces with other Clinical Education Specialists, Sales Representatives and with Training, Sales, Marketing and related departments. May participate on one or more teams; may provide work direction or guidance to other employees. May mentor less experienced employees.
External: Interacts with hospitals, physicians, nurses, other health care professionals, patients and field sales staff members.
Equipment: List the type of equipment the incumbent in this position is required to work with.
Works with standard office equipment such as telephone, fax machine, copier, and a personal computer with standard office software. Uses digital and analog projectors and other training aids, plus Company products, in conducting educational programs. In addition, operates motor vehicle to meet clients in their various work or home environments, as required.
Working Conditions: Describe the work environment characteristics representative of those encountered by an employee performing the essential functions of this job.
Works part of time at a desk in a will-lighted, air-conditioned office, with minimal noise levels, but when in field, can encounter a variety of environmental conditions, such as extreme heat, cold, humidity, rain, snow, ice, and related in response to a client request. Automobiles utilized are, as necessary, heated or air-conditioned.
Physical Demands: Describe the physical demands representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Activities require a significant amount of sitting, walking and standing relative to interaction with other Company personnel and outside clients. Significant use of hands and arms, plus finger dexterity to reach, point, write, type, operate a computer and other office and training equipment. Significant use of voice and hearing for meetings, discussions, training activities and related. Requires clear vision (correctable), and while using automobile, use of legs and feet, plus good eye/hand/foot coordination. Lifting and/or force requirements are usually negligible, but may be required to lift projectors and other visual aids on occasion. These latter devices do not generally exceed 20 pounds.
EPHF Electrophysiology & Heart Failure
United States of America : Remote
Yes, 20 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf