Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Working under general supervision, this person will provide administrative support for a team of managers as well as provide front desk support for the building.
· Perform all front desk responsibilities including answering phones, directing calls and greeting guests
· Sort and distribute incoming mail
· Maintain conference room schedules
· Keeping inventory of supplies for team and for reception
· Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
· Performs other related administrative duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
· Performs administrative and incidental secretarial functions such as preparing correspondence, answering telephones, maintaining files and supplies, keeping appointment calendar, compiling and preparing regular and special reports, and other tasks as necessary.
· Schedules and coordinates meetings
· Handles all confidential correspondence and inter-company communications.
· Facilitates general inter-departmental communications and interfacing.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
· Demonstrated oral and written interpersonal, communication, organizational skills.
· Must be adept at handling multiple assignments.
· Demonstrated experience with word processing and spreadsheet software (MS Office/Excel)
· Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
· Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
· Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
· Previous experience using Microsoft Outlook and the demonstrated ability to use Outlook Scheduler a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
EPHF Electrophysiology & Heart Failure
United States > Irvine : 2375 Morse Ave
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf