Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our location in Alameda, CA currently has an opportunity for an Administrative Assistant II. This individual will perform administrative duties for the Head of Public Affairs in the diabetes care division as well as team members. This role requires extensive software skills, internet research abilities and strong project management, communication and interpersonal skills.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The person will support a high-functioning and fast-paced communications and public relations team. Understanding of public relations, communications and marketing will help the candidate contribute to the effectiveness of the department. To be successful, the candidate should anticipate needs, take initiative and be proactive in helping the department be organized and run optimally.
Responsibilities include fielding and screening telephone calls; managing calendars (Microsoft Outlook); making travel, meeting and event arrangements; preparing expense reports (Concur & One Concur); processing invoices (SAP SRM and SharePoint); receiving and directing visitors, word processing (Microsoft Office), creating spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel) and presentations (Microsoft PowerPoint). The role requires the ability to work professionally with all levels of internal senior management and staff, outside clients and vendors. May assist with overflow work from executive assistants and fill in for other administrative assistants as needed. Sensitivity to confidential matters is required.
Other duties include:
· Conduct a variety of online research projects, including competitor benchmarking, profiling reporters, etc.
· Provide occasional back-up support for contract and invoicing processes for the organization. Coordinate between business owners, Finance, Procurement, and third-party vendors.
· Manage correspondence and schedule couriers, Webex (Zoom) meetings; mobile phone setups, acting as a liaison for remote access issues.
· Support for tracking budget expenditures.
· Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
· Follows purchasing and requisition procedures, Corporate Security and Privacy Rules, Corporate Branding Guidelines, and Copy Center procedures (if applicable). Orders business cards, stationery, and departmental office supplies.
· Uses intermediate to advanced software skills to perform work assigned.
· Uses and understands Microsoft Office Suite and other business-specific software, including the Corporate Travel Web site, and Workday (employee performance management systems)
· Coordinates new employee office set-ups and onboarding.
Position Accountability / Scope:
· Regularly interacts with high-level executives and other administrative assistants.
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge and understanding of business processes and requirements.
· Frequently handles confidential or business-sensitive information.
· Maintains and manages calendars, including meeting and travel scheduling and domestic and international travel arrangements.
· Proactively identifies and resolves scheduling conflicts. This position supports a department with global responsibility, so will need to be able to work well with global schedules, including scheduling across time zones, etc.
· Primary point of contact for manager’s schedule.
This position will provide Administrative Support to:
· Head of Public Affairs for Abbott’s diabetes care division
· 1 Director
· 2 Senior Managers
· 1 Manager
· Frequent interfacing and assisting with others in the Business PA team who work out of other offices.
Required Hours: Typically, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. with some early mornings and evenings on occasion.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
· High School diploma or equivalent required. Some college preferred. Experience in Public Relations, Communications and Marketing and supporting a PR team also preferred and future career interest in these areas.
· 3+ years previous admin experience or equivalent required.
· Takes direction well, demonstrates proactive thinking and planning with an anticipatory mindset
· Strong communication skills, including verbal, written and project management experience.
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat and Outlook required.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews.
PA Public Affairs
United States > Alameda : 1360-1380 South Loop Road
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf