Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Structural Heart Business Mission: why we exist
Our business purpose is to restore health and improve quality of life through the design and provision of device and management solutions for the treatment of structural heart disease.
We aim to lead the markets we serve by requiring the solutions we offer customers provide an improved benefit/risk profile as compared to existing standards of care; a performance threshold that by definition, guides and ensures the productive output of our engineering, business development, and clinical research efforts result in outcomes that advance the standard of care.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Abbott is seeking to hire a Project Coordinator who will be responsible for assisting our Project Managers in organizing our ongoing product development projects. This role involves monitoring project plans, schedules, workstream assignments, budgets, organizing and participating in stakeholder meetings, and ensuring that project deadlines are met in a timely manner.
To be successful as a Project Coordinator, you will need to be able to work on tight deadlines, be competent in using Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel and MS Project schedule software, and have exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills. A bachelor's degree in a related field of study and at least three (3) years of relevant experience is required for consideration.
· Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, workstream assignments, and budgets.
· Organizing, attending, and participating in core team and stakeholder meetings.
· Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
· Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings.
· Ensuring project deadlines are met.
· Providing administrative support as needed.
· Undertaking project tasks as required.
· Developing project strategies and determining the impact of project changes.
· Ensuring projects adhere to procedures and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
· Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
· Facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members.
· Create a project management schedule for each project deliverable.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
· Bachelor's degree in engineering or business or related field of study.
· Three (3) years of experience in new product development.
· Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
· Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
· Competency in using computers and Microsoft applications including Project, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
· Knowledge of file management, transcription, and other administrative procedures.
· Ability to work on tight deadlines.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: http://www.abbottbenefits.com/pages/candidate.aspx
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an
Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
SH Structural Heart
United States > Minnesota > Plymouth : 5050 Nathan Lane N
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf