Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our Neuromodulation business is an area of expertise for Abbott. This business includes implantable devices compatible with mobile technology to help people who suffer from chronic pain and movement disorders. Our Solutions include Proclaim (TM) XR SCS System, the #1 Spinal cord stimulator on the market, Proclaim (TM) DRG Neurostimulator, the only FDA approved DRG therapy and a market leader in radiofrequency ablation therapy, Abbott RFA. These non-opioid therapies allow us to provide interventional pain therapy to patients throughout the pain continuum. Our deep brain stimulation technology for progressive diseases help people manage their Parkinson’s disease and essential tremor symptoms, steering away from side effects.
The Administrative Assistant will provide primary administrative and overall support and coordination for the Vice Presidents of Neuromodulation Sales. This Administrative Assistant will complete special assignments and projects as required to enable efficient departmental operations. This individual will interact with key internal and external stakeholders so a high level of professionalism is required.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Assists the Vice Presidents and their teams (as needed) with meeting arrangements, calendar management, travel arrangements, expense reimbursement, invoice processing and other administrative tasks as required.
· Leads, organizes, and manages all details related to event planning for corporate offsite meetings.
· Creates, edits and reviews, proof reads and manages complex documents, spreadsheets and presentations requiring aggregation of materials, inputs and comments from multiple stakeholders – demonstrated proficiency with MS Excel and Powerpoint is especially critical
· Submits invoices payment processing
· Assists in supporting activities associated with the Strat plan and quarterly report process.
· Provides general office support which may include, but are not limited to; mail distribution, answering telephones, filing, catering, ordering supplies, etc.
· Prepares and updates reports, memoranda, and correspondence as required
· Applies a high attention to detail and creates a high degree of organization to ensure high quality work product and adherence to deadlines. Must be very detail oriented, organized, self-motivated to follow through on requests (without requiring follow-up), and perform professionally under pressure and with limited direction.
· Leads special projects as assigned.
· Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
· Minimum of three plus years of senior-level administrative experience.
· Highly- skilled in providing administrative support to leaders at the top level of an organization. High School graduate required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite products i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, Photshop, PowerPoint, Project SharePoint.
· Proficient with managing and submitting Concur expense reports
· Proficient with scheduling and reserving travel (US and OUS) for the executives’ travel needs via Concur.
· Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to handle difficult situations and/or communications tactfully and professionally.
· Able to work with people at all levels of the organization.
· Ability to handle multiple priorities and operate with a sense of urgency as required.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
United States > Austin : 8701 Bee Caves Rd
Yes, 5 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf