Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
Our location in Lake County, Illinois currently has an opportunity for an Administrative Assistant.
This individual will perform administrative duties for a Divisional Vice President, 2 Directors and occasionally the broader team. This role requires extensive software skills, internet research abilities and strong communication and interpersonal skills.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Responsibilities include fielding and screening telephone calls; managing calendars (Microsoft Outlook); making travel, meeting and event arrangements; preparing expense reports (Concur & One Concur); processing invoices (SRM and SharePoint); receiving and directing visitors, word processing (Microsoft Office), creating spreadsheets and presentations (Microsoft PowerPoint), and filing in compliance with corporate and government regulations. Demonstrated ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, outside clients and vendors. May assist with overflow work from executive assistants and fill in for other administrative assistants as needed. Sensitivity to confidential matters is required.
Other duties include-
· Manage correspondence and schedule couriers, WebEx (Zoom) meetings; mobile phone setups, acting as a liaison for remote access issues.
· Support for tracking budget expenditures.
· Compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
· Follows purchasing and requisition procedures, Corporate Security and Privacy Rules, Corporate Branding Guidelines, and Copy Center procedures (if applicable).
· Order business cards, stationery, and departmental office supplies.
· Use intermediate to advanced software skills to perform work assigned.
· Use and understands Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Power Apps and other business-specific software, including the Corporate Travel Web site, and Workday (employee performance management systems).
· Coordinate new employee office set-ups and on-boarding.
Position Accountability / Scope:
· Consistently interacts with high-level executives.
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge and understanding of business processes and requirements.
· Frequently handles confidential or business-sensitive information. Data is typically employee-level or one-dimensional.
· Exhibits extraordinary attention to detail and critical thinking.
· Maintains and manages calendars, including meeting and travel scheduling and domestic and international travel arrangements.
· Proactively identifies and resolves scheduling conflicts.
· Primary point of contact for manager’s schedule.
Required Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
· High School diploma or equivalent required. Some college preferred.
· 3+ years previous admin experience or equivalent required.
· Operates with general instruction and some supervision required.
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Power Apps, Adobe Acrobat, Visio or OrgPlus, and Outlook required.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
GES Global Engineering Services
United States > Abbott Park : AP52 Floor-1
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf