Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Diagnostic testing is a compass, providing information that helps in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of a range of health conditions.
Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools give you accurate, timely information to better manage your health. We’re empowering smarter medical and economic decision making to help transform the way people manage their health at all stages of life. Every day, more than 10 million tests are run on Abbott’s diagnostics instruments, providing lab results for millions of people.
The Accounts Receivable Specialist works with the Accounts Receivable team in performing the full accounts receivable duties, including functions such as billing, cash collections, account reconciliations, cash receipt posting & application.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Contact customers in attempt to collect outstanding amounts due to company.
· Obtains and sends invoice copies for customers, as requested.
· Answers accounts receivable phone inquiries and follows up.
· Researches and performs account reconciliations with customers.
· Researches and processes charge backs, returns, and bad checks.
· Assists in monthly closing, billing audits, etc., meeting corporate deadlines.
· Assists with related special projects, as required
· Daily reviews, researches, and posts cash, checks, credit cards, and electronically transferred funds to customer sub-ledger accounts.
· Processes checks through the bank when not sent to our lockbox.
· Contacts customers for missing cash application information as necessary.
· Files cash receipt documentation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
· Associate's degree (A. A.) in business or accounting
· One to two years accounting/finance experience
· Intermediate Excel ability required
· Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics Navision
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: http://www.abbottbenefits.com/pages/candidate.aspx
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
Accounts Payable & Receivables, Credit & Collection, & Payroll
ARDx Abbott Rapid Diagnostics
United States > Kansas City : 8140 Ward Parkway
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf