Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In Abbott’s ELECTROPHYSIOLOGY & HEART FAILURE division, we’re advancing the treatment of heart and vascular disease through breakthrough medical technologies in EP/HF, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Responsible for full range of accounting and revenue cycle functions for Division. Directs day to day activities of the billing team and provides monthly metrics on AR collections progress. Maintain financial reporting systems which effectively convey timely financial data internally and externally for use in decision making; ensure internal controls are in place and effective in safeguarding assets; identify areas potentially requiring corrective action and take leadership role in advising operations managers; provide counsel to management on the financial implications of proposed operating decisions and investments.
· Completion of all month end close activities including revenue reporting and AR/Inventory reserve analysis. Reviews daily cash file and payments posted to patient AR accounts. Reconciles and processes vendor invoices and intercompany invoices. Assist with financial processes including LBE and ad hoc reporting requirements.
· Responsible for effective operation of the billing team on a day to day basis.
· Maintain proper financial reporting to all appropriate areas to give visibility into monthly Division financials.
· Provide monthly reporting of financial results against latest benchmark, keeping operating management appraised of areas potentially requiring correction action.
· Ensure that any financial exposures in operations supported are identified and accounted for in a timely manner by maintaining monthly reconciliation of general ledger and perpetual inventory and fixed assets, as well as monitoring funding and activity in inventory exposure reserves.
· Develop and direct Plans and Updates for business programs and assess reasonableness and achievability of these forecasts. Key elements include: personnel requirements, and capital requirements.
· Provide financial counsel in evaluating business strategies/alternatives - e. g., make vs buy, cost/benefit of refurb activities, financial analysis for RCE's.
· Maintain identification of internal control needs and develop sufficient improvements to ensure no audit points. Assure proper internal controls are developed for new processes.
· Promote effective communication
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION YOU'LL BRING:
· Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
· Minimum of 7 years of related work experience. 2-3 years of Supervisory/Project/Auditing experience. 3-4 years Mfg. Accounting experience. 1-2 years of Financial Planning/Reporting.
· Requires seasoned professionals with a broad spectrum of financial management skills in addition to having highly developed interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
· CPA (preferred) CMA (desirable)
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal
Accounting & Reporting
EPHF Electrophysiology & Heart Failure
United States > Florida : 6020 NW 4th Place, Suite A
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf