Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast, accurate diagnosis. Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and transform the way the world is managing health.
Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare operations — with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics
The position of Accountant is within our Infectious Disease Developed Markets business unit located in Scarborough, Maine. In this role you will be responsible for handling many day-to-day and month-end closing activities within the finance department with a focus on intercompany accounting. This role will support various accounting areas including; journal entries, reconciliations, process improvement, and reporting. The ideal candidate is motivated to learn and grow within a fast-paced organization while being able to independently think and problem-solve.
What You Will Do:
· Perform month-end close activities, including intercompany reconciliations, preparation of journal entries, reconciling general ledger accounts, and maintaining supporting schedules
· Perform day to day accounting duties including but not limited to: accounts receivable, payroll, and/or other tasks as assigned
· Maintain detailed, supported, documented reconciliations of all assigned general ledger accounts
· Support account inquiries and fluctuations for month-end accounting review
· Work with intercompany partners to reconcile accounts, posting all journal entries and recording A/R and A/P transactions. Set up intercompany payments in the BMG netting system and post incoming payments in our local ledger.
· Submits monthly Intercompany account balances to the corporate office using Hyperion.
· Maintain month end binders, ensuring all schedules are complete and accurate.
· Action Oriented
· Communicates Effectively
· Financial Acumen
· Optimizes Work Processes
· Dealing with Ambiguity
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
· Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, business administration and/or other related technical field
· 3+ years accounting experience required
· Advanced experience in Excel and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Access, Word, PowerPoint)
· Excellent attention to detail, well-organized, and highly accountable
· Solid analytical insight, prioritization, and problem-solving skills
· Strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills
· Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with limited guidance
· Self-motivated, action-oriented individual with the perseverance to meet deadlines
· Developed time management and priority setting skills required to work in an often ambiguous and constantly changing business environment
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority (Manufacturing roles only)
· Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled (Manufacturing roles only)
· Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: http://www.abbottbenefits.com/pages/candidate.aspx
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
Accounting & Reporting
ARDx Abbott Rapid Diagnostics
United States > Scarborough : 10 Southgate Rd
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf