Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast, accurate diagnosis. Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and transform the way the world is managing health.
Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare operations — with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics.
Our location in Kansas City, MO currently has an opportunity for an Account Compliance Coordinator . In this role you are responsible for performing various administrative functions to support federal compliance for DOT-Regulated clients. Including participation in the client audit process, maintaining appropriate documentation of all compliance and auditing activities on an ongoing basis and ensuring internal and external audit readiness at all times.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Respond to inquiries related to testing transactions
· Identify and interpret appropriate steps to resolve the need of the customer.
· Use critical thinking skills to review and evaluate client drug and alcohol program files
· Track and correct errors on an ongoing basis to ensure the files are sufficient to withstand an audit by federal agencies and/or clients
· Generate reports to accompany employer files
· Provide aggregate data for annual review
· Contact various parties (employers, clinicians, laboratories or er employees) via phone, fax and/or email to secure appropriate documentation
· Secure memorandums of correction for missing and/or incorrect information
· Provide backup and clerical assistance for other areas of the department
· Enter data into computer following each action taken and enter necessary codes to represent the action.
· Make necessary corrections to information entered to ensure problem resolution.
· Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
· A minimum of 2-3 years of related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
· Prior drug testing knowledge is preferred
· Federal DOT drug testing regulation knowledge is preferred
· Ability to understand and explain general collection, laboratory, and medical review procedures is preferred
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: http://www.abbottbenefits.com/pages/candidate.aspx
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
ARDx Abbott Rapid Diagnostics
United States > Kansas City : 8140 Ward Parkway
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf