Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott Rapid Diagnostics (formerly Alere ) is part of Abbott’s Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies. The position of Accessioner is within Toxicology located at Gretna, LA at Alere Toxicology Services. In this role, the individual will be responsible for receiving, opening, and verifying specimens in accordance with the SAMHSA mandatory guidelines and those of other regulatory organizations.
· Receive and open specimens delivered to the laboratory for analysis
· Review and document acceptability of specimen and chain of custody forms
· Destroy specimens; as needed
· Clean and maintain work area daily
· Inspect all trash bags once aliquoting process is completed to ensure sample and document removal
· Process Triage request
· Assist Sample Handling area
· Prepare samples for shipment
· Adhere to all security procedures for ensuring confidentiality of donor information
· Must comply with company policy
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS | EDUCATION:
· High school education
· Basic ability to use a computer
· Basic ability to understand laboratory technique and procedures
· Basic ability to communicate ideas
· Advanced ability to understand certification requirements for SAMHSA, CAP-FUDT, and other regulatory bodies
· Basic ability to understand the function of a Laboratory Information System (LIS) and other laboratory computer systems
· Ability to lift and/or move 25 pounds
· Ability to have full body movement
· Must have vision and hearing corrected to meet minimum acceptable norms
· Ability to cope with stress due to production obligations
· Ability to read and comprehend the SOP, Federal (49 CFR Part 40) and CAP-FUDT guidelines
· Ability to communicate with other employees and supervisors
· Ability to provide input and recommendations on operations
· Climate-controlled office and testing laboratory environment
· Ability to handle urine
· May be potential exposure to toxic or hazardous materials
An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request accommodation, please send an email to email@example.com or contact your HR Partner to let us know the nature of your request.
ARDx Abbott Rapid Diagnostics
United States > Gretna : 1111 Newton Street
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Lift, carry, push or pull weights of more than 20 pounds/9 kilos on a regular/daily basis, Work with human blood or other potentially infectious materials
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf