Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott Informatics is a subsidiary of Abbott Laboratories that develops and sells web-based laboratory information management systems - software used to manage the collection, processing, storage, retrieval and analysis of information generated in laboratories. We simplify the complexity of your entire product life-cycle management process. Easy-to-use and adaptable to your organization’s needs, the STARLIMS brand of lab informatics solutions support the rapidly changing data management needs across your organization. Our laboratory information management solutions can integrate with your current systems, while also identifying opportunities to improve processes so you can bring high quality and safe products to market faster.
Our Hollywood, FL location has an opening for a Software Validation Tester . This position will support the product and development team with all verification and validation tasks.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Support the quality team during audits of the product.
· Support professional services group with customer requests related to the verification and validation tasks.
· Support cross functional teams with tasks related to the verification and validation.
· Perform different levels of testing which may include boundary/unit testing, system testing, usability/GUI testing, regression testing and user acceptance testing.
· Support performance testing and stress load testing of the product functionality by assisting to data configuration, definition of testing plan and execution of the testing plan
· Create, modify and review automated test cases for the product functionality.
· Planning and coordination of validation and verification activities for product releases. This includes creation, modification and revision of verification and validation deliverables defined by the SDLC process.
· Find software defects and report them in the quality tracking system. Cooperate with developers and product management to help in issue resolution.
· Support professional services group with customer requests of documentation and questions regarding verification kits and testing of different scenarios
· Work with the product manager and development team to evaluate the product beyond predefined test scripts consider end-user needs and recommend new features/enhancements.
· Makes decisions during test phases based on reported defects by defining and executing the appropriate validation and verification plan.
· Support the writing team in development of end-user training methods and documentation to promote and enhance the company's sales service and profitability
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
Bachelor’s degree or at least two years of experience in software testing and documentation or successful experience as a non-exempt employee or as a contractor with Abbott Informatics’ software products
Experience with LIMS (Laboratory Information Systems)
Experience with automated testing tools
Validation and verification certifications
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @Abbott News and @AbbottGlobal.
United States > Hollywood : 4000 Hollywood Boulevard
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf