Description du poste
3M is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer located in Brownwood, Texas. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
Job Summary :
The person hired for the position of Manufacturing Product / Process Engineer will be responsible for continuous improvements to microreplicated prismatic and/or beaded reflective products and the supporting quality systems. This operation requires aggressive delivery of complex and diverse solutions which drive results in EHS, quality, customer service, cost reductions and new product qualifications.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Maintains an awareness of quality improvement and product opportunities and is productive in suggesting and testing ideas. Develops and implements quality systems and processes of major complexity.
· With minimal supervision, initiates, identifies, recommends, and oversees programs to improve: 1) product quality, customer service, delivered cost, and/or 2) process safety and health/environmental impact.
· Fosters and cultivates and extensive network of support and resources (laboratory, quality, financial, manufacturing, engineering, sales, and marketing) to facilitate completion of assignments.
· Actively participates in developing project assignments and completes assignments without detailed instructions.
· Cross-functional team leadership for new product start-ups, new process technology integration, cost reduction, and supply chain improvement using Lean Six Sigma.
· Has an awareness of implications of intellectual property on the process(es). Provide appropriate and timely documentation of work as required by the business.
· Leads cross-functional teams involving programs with significant manufacturing emphasis and major business impact.
· May provide supervision for outsourcing projects, contract employees, and/or technical employees.
· May assist in the development of other technical employees by training, guiding, mentoring, setting an example, and offering counsel.
· Leads project planning efforts and may participate in the departmental or division strategic planning process.
Recognized and utilized as an internal consultant at the department/plant level.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher in an engineering or engineering technology discipline (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
· Minimum two (2) years of manufacturing engineering experience in a private, public, government or military environment.
· Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering
· Experience in coating, drying and/or converting roll goods in web line applications.
· Experience in microreplication coating technologies
· Ability to analyze, problem solve and implement solutions.
· Effective project management skills with proven track record of delivering projects on time and within budget.
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with time constraints.
· Works well on cross-functional teams in a continuous improvement (LEAN) environment.
· Experience with Statistical Process Control (SPC) and/or Minitab
· Excellent computer skills – Excel, Minitab, PowerPoint and Project.
· Excellent communication, both verbal and written, and influencing skills
· Ability to multi-task and handle large workloads under time constraints.
Location: Brownwood, Texas
Travel: Less than 20%
Relocation: Is authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).