Description du poste
3M is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for the Film Manufacturing & Supply Chain Operations Division (FMSCOD) located in Menomonie, WI. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
Job Summary :
The person hired for the position of Manufacturing Engineer will provide technical leadership and manufacturing support within the Micro Replication Operations (MRO) Value Stream in our 3M Menomonie, WI manufacturing plant. This position will be supporting development and deploying of new or improved process technology, new product development, cost reduction and quality improvements. In this position, the person is responsible for driving operational excellence within the areas of support and is expected to initiate and conduct broadly defined technical tasks within the process technology platforms. They are also responsible for advising, consulting and troubleshooting area processes within the plant.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Primary contact and technical responsibility for the processes or products assigned; including but is not limited to: identifying/improving test methods, ensuring product quality, creating and maintaining documentation, increasing product and process understanding, leading improvement projects, providing unit cost estimates and tracking manufacturing costs
· Assist in coaching, training, and certifying product technicians on process equipment, procedures, technologies, and troubleshooting; maintains and improves team effectiveness and leadership skills
· Drive improvements in product/process understanding and reduce variability using Statistical Process Control, Design of Experiments and other statistical methods
· Initiates and completes technical activities leading to new or improved products or processes which have significant impact potential
· Participates in project planning, including identifying capital expenditure opportunities and developing business justification to support these
· Identifies, recommends, initiates, and implements programs in manufacturing area of responsibility to improve and/or enhance: (1) product cost, service, & quality and, (2) process safety and health/environmental impact
· Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher in a science or engineering discipline (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering from an accredited university
· Minimum one (1) year of experience utilizing statistical tools in problem solving in a private, public, government or military environment
· Minimum one (1) year of experience on working in a manufacturing environment
· Minimum one (1) year of experience on quality improvement and cost reduction projects
· Experience leading or participating on cross functional teams
· Strong oral and written communication skills
Location: Menomonie, WI
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic/international
Relocation: Is authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).