Description du poste
3M is seeking a Governance, Risk, and Compliance Intern for the Health Information Systems Division located in Silver Spring, MD for the Summer 2019.
3M Health Information Systems (HIS) is the world leader for innovating the language of health and delivers comprehensive software and consulting services. Working at 3M Health Information Systems you will be helping with today’s challenges, while preparing for tomorrow’s.
We transform ideas into products and services that help customers add efficiency to their operations and, in turn, deliver better service to patients. The magic of 3M innovation happens when smart, creative people collaborate to break new ground, solve a problem or create a solution that improves or saves lives.
As an intern, you can grow through challenging work, get involved in meaningful projects and receive great coaching from our leaders. Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
The internship position is a temporary position within 3M. Interns typically work a full-time schedule of 40 hours a week throughout a 10-14-week assignment starting in May of 2019.
Note: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. It is in a candidate’s best interest to apply early. Most hiring decisions will be made by January 2019.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Assists IT Risk team in evaluating 3rd party vendors to validate services offered to 3M HIS and inherent risk levels
· Engages 3rd party vendors to initiate risk assessment and verification processes:
o Security questionnaire completion and review
o Documentation and artifact request and analysis
o Review publicly available information regarding vendors services, reputation, financial and operational performance, etc.
o Analysis of vendors security posture through interviews, emails, phone calls, and analysis of artifacts received
o Complete risk assessment and issue report with vendor recommendation
· Assists client engagement teams in reviewing and completing client supplied security questionnaires
· Engages with respective operational and technical leads to complete standardized security questionnaire responses for 3M HIS products
· Keeps team members apprised of project status
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited University
· Currently possess a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
· Knowledge of IT Risks and Controls:
o Business resiliency and disaster recovery
o Change Management
o User Access and Authorization
o Network Security
o Logging and Monitoring
o Risk Assessment and Management
o Cloud Security
o Compliance and Privacy
· Experience with Microsoft office applications including excel, word, outlook, SharePoint
· Strong time management skills and the initiative to resolve problems by communicating promptly and driving project forward is required
· Strong interpersonal skills and judgment to interact effectively with a broad spectrum of people, both internal and external to 3M HIS
· Must be a creative and original thinker
· Must have the ability to work effectively with close supervision
· The successful candidate will exhibit professionalism, initiative, sound judgment, dependability, and a strong work ethic
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Relocation: Is authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B, Curricular Practical Training (CPT) or Optional Practical Training (OPT))
Diverse & Inclusive 3M
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative and leadership are valued. Where you’ll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world. Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems atwww.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or
Here, you go! For information about a career at 3M go directly towww.3m.com/careers .
Work with the Best and the Brightest, our culture.
3M is a giant melting pot of smart, motivated people. Here, you will discover an inclusive culture and will collaborate with other curious, creative minds. Our huge array of global locations, technologies and products provides many pathways to a rewarding career. We give you the flexibility to help balance your work life with your personal life.
3M Ethics .
Most Recent great-news / Awards: 3M received recognition as being A Most Ethical Company! Promoting Ethical Business standards and practices internally, enabling managers and employees to make good choices, and shaping future industry standards by introducing tomorrow's best practices today. Honorees have historically out-performed others financially, demonstrating the connection between good ethical practices and performances that’s valued. To View this recognition, please visit: http://bit.ly/EthisphereWorldsMostEthicalCompanyAward